Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
on /SR

SR is all about -Positional- defenses not typed defense. You can soft cap you're positional defenses easily, hitting the magical 45% figure through a
variety of methods. However on the other hand you can have extremely poor -typed- defense. Here I go trying to explain the dynamics of an attack... and off the
top of my head to boot.

Most attacks have two tags, type and position: say Smashing and Melee. The game then checks which defense you have the most of, either Smashing or Melee, and
uses that as your defense figure. In /SR case it -should- almost always be position. There is an exception, but we can deal with that later. Take the previous
example, if you have 5% Smashing defense and 30% Melee defense, the game will use the 30% Melee defense when working out if the attack hit or missed.
That's why /SR should focus on softcapping their positional defenses.

The exceptions? The exceptions that I know of: Psi attacks - they have a type but no position. Crystal Titian & Hamidon - Untyped and No position attacks.
And the curse of /SR: Streak-breaker and Bad Luck - Nothing can protect you against a run of bad luck when you can't hit the even level mob but all their
attacks will cut through your defenses like they were wet tissue paper..

Jelidan's defense's 5% for S/L/F/C/E/N. 14.5% for P 45.3% for Melee, 45% for Range, 45.6% for AoE. But Jelidan's build uses sets to get to the
magical soft-cap. As a Kat/SR scrapper just running SS, Stealth, and the first 2 toggles from /SR was enough drain on the end to worry about dipping into other
power pools.

Hope it helps and is understandable.

Shader.

Messages In This Thread
on /SR - by Wiregeek - 08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
[No subject] - by Shader - 08-29-2008, 03:53 AM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 08-29-2008, 07:06 AM
[No subject] - by Morganite - 08-29-2008, 07:57 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 08-29-2008, 03:25 PM
[No subject] - by jpub - 08-29-2008, 04:38 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 08-29-2008, 05:45 PM