Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass walls in the base
Glass walls in the base
Right, so... for the last 15 minutes or so, there's been two quotes going through my head from Babylon 5.  Both from Ivanova:
"I know, I know. It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something
stupid, we like to catalog the full extent of our stupidity for future
reference."
and -
"I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate."
You'll recall that in a moment of irrationality, I removed almost all the "glass" surfaces in the base? Well Sofa called me on it over in this thread. And he was right, because that wasn't rational. So I figured, despite all the weirdness with having the Radiation Hazard symbols all over everything, that I'd put the stuff all back. (oh and open up the base editing privileges while I was at it.)
I figured that the devs pay no attention whatsoever to bases, so the bug would never get fixed. I had worked myself up to a pretty righteous (or self-righteous - take your pick) anger over it. I may have even said words to the effect that I'd put real money on that this bug would last until the end of the game.
Well I was wrong.
The glass got fixed... sort of...
Now none of the base options that include symbols have ANY symbols on them. At least that I can see. It's still broken in the sense that you can't create anything with a symbol on it.
[Image: screenshot_111022-18-13-18.jpg]
But in a way, that's almost a better option that originally having the symbols at all! Now you can create glass walls with no symbols! I don't know if this is going to last forever or not. But it does prove I was wrong about the devs in the sense that they weren't even trying to fix bases.
I'm actually... pretty pleased about this.
(By the way, do any of you recommend a particular cooking method for Crow? Baked? Fried? Sauteed?)

Messages In This Thread
Glass walls in the base - by Logan Darklighter - 10-23-2011, 01:44 AM
[No subject] - by dark seraph - 10-23-2011, 03:34 AM
[No subject] - by Ransan - 10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
[No subject] - by Star Ranger4 - 10-23-2011, 08:17 PM