Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustration
Frustration
Last week, while Peggy and I were walking around Broadway At The Beach (a place in Myrtle Beach that's 75% shopping mall and 25% theme park, laid out all around an artificial lake), we were enjoying a very nice selection of background music piped in through an endless supply of hidden and not-so-hidden speakers. And I do mean enjoy -- lots of good 80s, 90s and current stuff. They played a song that I knew, and somehow, my frame of mind was such that I listened to it and heard something I hadn't before, really -- and I turned to Peggy and said, "You know, I never realized it before, but that's a very appropriate song for Revolutionary Girl Utena."
Peggy listened, heard what I heard in that light, and agreed. We walked on, got distracted by the next shop, and promptly forgot about it until later.
And now, neither of us can remember what the song was! I've been wracking my brain for days. All I can remember is the exchange about it with Peg and the fact that it was 80s or 90s pop, and I have the vague conviction that there is some reference to revolution in it. Argh. This is driving me nuts!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
Frustration - by Bob Schroeck - 09-24-2003, 03:54 AM
Re: Frustration - by Ed Becerra - 09-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Re: Frustration - by Zojojojo - 09-26-2003, 04:07 AM
Re: Frustration - by Bob Schroeck - 09-26-2003, 01:52 PM
Re: Frustration - by Bob Schroeck - 09-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Re Frustration - by Kilroy - 09-26-2003, 07:05 PM
Re: Re Frustration - by Bob Schroeck - 09-29-2003, 01:37 PM