Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story Help Request from Board
Story Help Request from Board
I've been a bit stalled on my next chapter of Songs of Innocence, my mega-x-over fic starring Chibi-Usa. Perhaps the most annoying point is this:

In the next chapter I introduce The Eschatones (also known as Rei and the Eschatones), a four-piece rock band made up of characters from various anime series.
I have three of them, including:

Ayanami Rei, lead singer and guitar. Originally from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Kisaragi Quon, bass guitar. Originally from Rah Xephon.

Himemiya Anthy, drums. Originally from Shoujo Kakumei Utena.

I chose those three for many reasons, having to do with their roles in their respective series and also for their apparent ages in the time period I set the
Mega-Tokyo section of this story. The story for now is set in 2032. Quon, as seen at the end of the TV series, is reincarnated as a baby. I am
assuming/creating a similar scenario for Rei. Anthy, following on Chris Davies, simply always looks that young throughout time.

Rei, Quon and Anthy are all initiators/harbingers of the Apocalypse (however you want to define that), having messiah and anti-messiah qualities to them.
Hence the name The Eschatones, from eschaton or the end of the world.

So I am looking for characters that would be "reasonably" able to join a teenage girl band set in the 2030s who have the sort of qualities that are
common with Rei, Quon and Anthy. I really would prefer characters that could actually be teenagers in the 2030 and not, like Anthy, just look like it. But
I'll take what I can get.

Demonstrated musical talent not a necessity.

A caveat: no Haruhi, for many reasons.

Some possibilities I've thought of and tentatively abadoned are:

Iwakura Lain, from Serial Experiments Lain. Set too early, but otherwise a good fit.

Mima Tokiko or "Key" from Key the Metal Idol. Again, set too early. Not apocalyptic enough. But will probaby show up somewhere as either a
character or passing reference.

Skuld from Ah! My Goddess. Once again, set too early. Also doesn't connotate apocalypse.

Lynn Minmei from Superdimensional Fortress Macross. Still set too early, not exactly a spiritual harbinger of the apocalypse.

Mylene Jenius from Macross 7. Set too late, not a harbinger of the apocalypse. Does have musical talents. Her older sisters may show up.

Maetel from Galaxy Express 999. Set too late, though she is a time traveller or at least that's implied. But too old, man, too old.

Kei from Akira. I have another role in mind for her but maybe . . .

Any help appreciated, please! Thank you.

-Murmur

Messages In This Thread
Story Help Request from Board - by Murmur the Fallen - 12-08-2008, 04:22 AM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 12-08-2008, 04:31 AM
[No subject] - by Valles - 12-08-2008, 04:50 AM
[No subject] - by CattyNebulart - 12-08-2008, 05:25 AM
[No subject] - by Zojojojo - 12-08-2008, 05:48 AM
[No subject] - by Norgarth - 12-08-2008, 06:34 AM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 12-08-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the response! - by Murmur the Fallen - 12-09-2008, 02:36 AM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 12-09-2008, 03:10 AM
[No subject] - by Necratoid - 12-09-2008, 08:27 AM