Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know what is going on with FanFiction.net?

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
What the hell do they get out of spamming ff.net?
The same thing they got out of spamming the Poser and Daz Studio Freebie Wiki - more links for the search engines to discover and count to raise their page rankings.

(That's one reason I hate link-spammers - either they use my resources in their fraudulent schemes to make people think their products are better-received than they actually are, or I have to limit my site's functionality so that legitimate users have more trouble using it.)
I wish I could find it, but back in the mid-90s, when I first started in IT and the Web was young, there was a television commercial for a network security company. It featured a bald-headed man, hunched over a computer, in a dimly lit room. A voiceover said something like, "You may be asking yourself, 'Why do I need to protect my company from hackers? We don't have that much money. We aren't a big bank or other corporation. Why would anyone want to hack our network?'" And then the guy looks up at the camera, revealing himself to be a tattooed biker with a crazy expression, who says, "THE SAME REASON WE PIERCE OUR TONGUES!" and he wags his tongue (pierced through, of course, and this was back when tongue piercings were almost unheard-of) at the camera.
So, why do they spam FF.net? The same reason they pierce their tongues.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by itsune9tl - 08-12-2015, 02:14 AM
[No subject] - by Pyeknu - 08-12-2015, 02:26 PM
[No subject] - by itsune9tl - 08-12-2015, 09:52 PM
[No subject] - by ClassicDrogn - 08-14-2015, 12:00 AM
[No subject] - by Black Aeronaut - 08-14-2015, 08:59 AM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 08-14-2015, 03:27 PM
[No subject] - by Ebony - 08-14-2015, 03:49 PM