Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
Harry Potter and the Power of Dios
With Hermione Granger as Anthy, Harry Potter as Utena, the Weaselys as the shadow girls, and Voldemorte in pimp-form as Akio.. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
*imagines voldemort in bell-bottoms and goldfish shoes*
but that's not what I'm here to talk about today.
Crossover that Should Not Be: A young man on his 'round the world training trip winds up spending some time as a not-entirely-legal pit fighter in LA, and meets and strikes up something of a friendship with a man from a *radically* different background... leading, through the history that followed, to the rather improbable invitation of one Bruce Wayne to the wedding of Tom Simpson and Rita Stearns.
Crossover with some potential: Instead of Grantville, it's Gotham that gets grabbed up in the Ring of Fire.
Quote:
to the rather improbable invitation of one Bruce Wayne to the wedding of Tom Simpson and Rita Stearns.
Mmm. Interesting idea. At the very least, Simpson would be a bit more tolerable at first, I suspect, by virtue of an equally big fish in the pond being on his son's side...
Quote:
Crossover with some potential: Instead of Grantville, it's Gotham that gets grabbed up in the Ring of Fire.
Yeek. Together again for the first time... Richelieu and the Joker...-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
which leads us, unerringly, to Harry Potter And The Ring Of Fire, where wizarding britain is transported into 1632 europe, and Harry takes a lead role in the diplomatic negotiations between Richelieu, Merlin, and Dumbledore..
Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Only problem with that idea is that Merlin will have been dead (or permanently sealed away, depending on whether you take your Arthuriana straight up or on the rocks) for about 1200 years at that point.-- Bob
---------
One of the primary differences between the Left and the Right is their attitude toward the Future. The Radical wants the Future to have gotten here yesterday. The Reactionary wants the Future quietly shot and the corpse buried where no one can find it.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
eh, delete Merlin and it still holds together just as badly..
[Image: wink.gif]Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Really, though, transporting *all* of Wizarding Britain would be a bit much. Part of the point of the Ring of Fire is that you don't get to start with a self-sustaining economy. Transporting Hogwarts, on the other hand, could be interesting, particularly if you grab them in the first year, when Voldemort (such as he is) is still on the grounds - and this becomes even more entertaining when you realize that that means that pretty much every single one of the students would be orphaned by in the transition.
oooh, temporal flux, curses and prophecy..

Voldemorte is basically neutered by the Ring - since noone there has living parents, noone there can be affected by his magic!
yeah, the logic is crummy, but it'd be hella amusing, he'd get all snivelly..

-WG, likes snivelly voldemorteWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Wait, what? How does that follow?
--Sam
"One pig to rule them all, one pig to find them..."
I think that's why he said the logic is crummy.
Mind you, even if I have *no* idea what's being crossed over here, the idea of a snivelly Voldemort sounds funny enough for me to support it. '.'
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
I'd think that the biggest question would be whether traveling through time would effectively sever Voldemort's ties to every Horcrux that isn't at Hogwarts. If it doesn't then he cannot be killed at all. If it does then they only have to destroy two, the Headmaster will have a strong suspicion as to the location of one, and they'll know that any remaining Horcruxes must have been hidden on Hogwarts property at the time of the transfer.
Of course, it would be interesting for the inhabitants of Hogwarts to visit the inhabitants of the Hogwarts native to the time. Could the portraits of any former Headmasters who'd been alive before the time period freely move between their portraits at both castles?
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
So, I was working in electronics today, and we had a movie called "Black Sheep" that apparently involved genetically modified carnivorous sheep.
Naturally, I started imagining a crossover with Triangle and Robert, with the carnivorous sheep having a battle to the death with the Super-Intelligent Telepathic Sheep and his sheep.
My money's on the Super-Intelligent Telepathic Sheep. After all, he has Sheep Paratroopers. That's *way* cooler than being genetically modified.
-Morgan."Mikuru-chan molested me! I'm... so happy!"
-Haruhi, "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
---(Not really)
Ultimate human extinction crossover
Dies the Fire and World War Z.
Hey Morganni, that Black Sheep sounds like a baaaaaaad movie. [Image: laugh.gif] (sorry, couldn't resist the pun)__________________
"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it." - Terry Pratchett
Quote:
My money's on the Super-Intelligent Telepathic Sheep. After all, he has Sheep Paratroopers. That's *way* cooler than being genetically modified.
Of course, for the proper acronym, it should be Super High Intelligence Telepathic Sheep. [Image: smile.gif] --
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Expanding something of mine from around page 5.
Destiny has brought them together...
Seiji Sawamura.
Meisuke Nueno.
Shinichi Izumi.
Miroku.
And the man known only as D.
Together they are... Project HANDS!
--Sam
"Don't make us bite you in hard-to-reach places!"
After a random name-cross-association made me wonder if they were related, I realized that no, Tatsuki Arisawa and Juri Arisugawa don't have the same last name.
But, the composer of the original Sailor Moon soundtrack, Goldfish Warning, and other fine songs, -is- an Arisawa....
On the topic of "Sharing Voice Actresses", all of the following were voiced in the English dubs by Wendee Lee:
Tatsuki Arisawa
Iczer One
Faye Valentine
Umi Ryuuzaki
Haruhi Suzumiya
I suddenly understand much about the Bount arc. Clearly, someone was bored.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Mutineers' Sailor Moon.
"In the name of Dahak, I will punish you! STARLIGHT HONEYMOON THERAPY HYPER MISSILES!"
--Sam
"Last night I almost had a lucid moment."
Re: Re: Crossovers That Should Not Be 3, Son of Crossovers!
Quote:
Mutineers' Sailor Moon.
oh.. oh OW.. my brain!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
EML lives up to the E. I like.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
There were times when Dahak regretted spinning off subordinate AIs as assistants and conversationalists. Now was one of them.
"You can't be serious!" Luna sputtered. "We can't install that... that scatterbrained klutz as..."
"She is a direct female-line descendant of Fleet Senshi Serenity, and the first non-mutineer human to board this vessel in fifty thousand years. And despite her quirks, she is an officer in the local space force. I assure you, Captain Tsukino will be able to carry out her duties with skill, if not with style."
------------
"You can, of course, choose to decline the manalink enhancement procedure. But if you face the mutinous Senshi in your condition, there won't be enough of you left to identify."
------------
"This is your idea of a military outfit?!"
"I believe the mutineers introduced the concept to your Earth navies. How it became a school uniform is beyond me."
-------------
"The mutineers have access only to the magical resources of Earth, and must split those energies among themselves. You will wield my full power. Further, I control access to the starseed core tap crystals emplaced on each other major body in this system during our initial survey. Luna and Artemis will return with you and seek out candidates for manalinking."
-------------
"Fleet Senshi (Engineering) Galaxia and her minions must be stopped, and soon. Three early warning beacons to the galactic east have been destroyed. The Silence is coming."
--Sam
"Blood covers The City like a big red afghan."
Oh God, that's beautiful.
-- Acyl
yeah, I'm having a want/do not want brain conflict overload here. Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979
Today's experiment: success! [Image: laugh.gif]
--Sam
"Rei was only a child during the mutiny," Beryl said softly. "Would you blame her for our actions? Can you understand why she hates you so, for having been given the birthright so long denied her?"
Quote:
"Rei was only a child during the mutiny," Beryl said softly. "Would you blame her for our actions? Can you understand why she hates you so, for having been given the birthright so long denied her?"
Rei Hino, or Ayanami Rei?
the alien invaders of the Silence as Angels upon the face of the earth!Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979