Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fic Recommendation Thread
Re: For those who liked "Apprentice Potter" by Dra
Quote:
Spells Any Sorcerer Out To Save The World Should Know: Kill And Overkill by Lina Inverse.
Hee hee!*********
There's no need to hear, I can shout you.
If you like Harry/Girl!Blaize
this one's a heart-warmer:
Harry Potter and the Slytherin's Hair
Harry/Girl!Blaize, completed, plenty of fluff, angst and humor.

-W"Ah, great. More androids." "We're not androids, we're the Knight Sabers!" "Huh. Frederick's of Hollywood has a line of power armor out. Who knew?"Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead
Re: If you like Harry/Girl!Blaise
It's beginning to look like the biggest fork in the HP timeline skein is whether Blaise Zabini got 2 X chromosomes or an X and a Y...

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Quote:
It's beginning to look like the biggest fork in the HP timeline skein is whether Blaise Zabini got 2 X chromosomes or an X and a Y...
Well, JKR has made it abundandly clear in interviews that BZ is supposed to be a male character, but like with so many other things, people tend to ignore what JKR says, especially after the trauma that was HBP.
-W"Ah, great. More androids." "We're not androids, we're the Knight Sabers!" "Huh. Frederick's of Hollywood has a line of power armor out. Who knew?"Falling out of aeroplanes and hiding out in holes

Waiting for the sunset to come, people going home

Jump out from behind them and shoot them in the head

Now everybody dancing the dance of the dead
Hoy,HBP wasn't NEARLY as bad as The Order Of The Phoenix..."There's only one kind of monster that uses bullets"-Colonel VanHeusen , from "It! The Terror From Beyond Space"
what the cross said [Image: embarassed.gif] _____________________________
HK-47: "Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds"
BTW, check out www.fanficauthors.net. They've got a good overall update page there.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Quote:
Well, JKR has made it abundandly clear in interviews that BZ is supposed to be a male character,
Oh yeah, I know, and Half-Prude Blintz explicitly says he's male. I'm just commenting -- much like Chris did a while ago -- that Fem!Blaise seems to be one of the most popular AU branchings for HP fickery, right next to Psychotically Angry!Harry.

-- Bob
---------
It's a "magical" land. I think "magical" is ancient Greek for "pain in the butt". -- Bun-Bun, Sluggy Freelance, 11/9/03
Quote:
The most entertaining part of HBP was the howls of torment from the H/Hr shippers
Well, they should have known that they couldn't get to keep the inspirational ambiguity in the canon for too much longer. Someone was going to be upset sooner or later, and by "someone", I mean all the shippers but those for one girl.

-- Bob
---------
Moving away from the HP stuff...
Just discovered a really great read, though not exactly a fanfic. But, hey, a story is a story, I just want to share the experience, and nothing beats a zombie apocalypse:
www.brokentype.com/monster/
That's the link to the first in the trilogy. All three books are finished now and they are great!
Quote:
Oh yeah, I know, and Half-Prude Blintz explicitly says he's male. I'm just commenting -- much like Chris did a while ago -- that Fem!Blaise seems to be one of the most popular AU branchings for HP fickery, right next to Psychotically Angry!Harry.
I just don't get it, myself. I mean, has anyone actually met a girl named "Blaise." I don't know any guys with that name personally, but Blaise Pascal and Corwin's brother (not that Corwin, the other Corwin. Zelazny's Corwin) come to mind. It boggles me. But then, much of fanfiction boggles me. Slash, for example....Ebony the Black Dragon
Senior Editor, Living Room Games
http://www.lrgames.com
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
*shrug* I think the only more popular fanfic schtick is "what happens if Xander dresses up as something else for second-season Halloween".
Followed shortly, though, by "Ranma is related/engaged to one of the Senshi".--
"Use of unnecessary violence in the apprehension of General Zod has been approved."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
rec
just a Lurker and want to add my.. well Selfinsertion list to this well list. I checked and all should be clean, but still not sure if i got all the bad stuff ;o
Oh if you dont like SI's dont goto my list heh :0
www.angelfire.com/tv2/mrf...marks.html
Also some on the lists may not be SI's im too lazy to re-arrange them. Also some goto few chapters in so make sure your at the start of the story before you read.
Quote:
I just don't get it, myself. I mean, has anyone actually met a girl named "Blaise."
Well, if you allow for the standard fic author homophone problem, I could easily point to the famous stripper Blaze Starr...

-- Bob
---------
Re: rec
Quote:
just a Lurker and want to add my.. well Selfinsertion list to this well list. I checked and all should be clean, but still not sure if i got all the bad stuff ;o
Thanks for the link, MrFix -- I'm certainly going to browse and graze there when I get the chance!

-- Bob
---------
list
looked at my list again.
Some stuff there is really hard to read due to how bad they write/edit or the overall plot. It takes alot to make me not read a fic so your use may very.
Oh and noticed some of the links are spelled really bad and that some of them goto the author's page on FF.net. If it is just the author, most of the time its the story i mean to be linked is the huge one thats 60+k words ;o
Oh and I really pref the evil works ;o
like the one under pokemon. [Image: devil.gif]
Re: list
Saving Connor
www.fanfiction.net/s/2580283/1/
AU, Slytherin!Harry. Harry's twin Connor is the Boy Who Lived, and Harry is devoted to protecting him by making himself look ordinary. But certain people won't let Harry stay in the shadows... COMPLETE
This author has ambitions to rewrite all the books... the first one is complete, and he's well underway into the second one.
re: another HP fic
Mastermind Hunting.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2428341/1/
Dumbledore and Co. didn't check up on Harry. That wasn't such a great idea. In fact, it was a very *bad* idea. For Dumbledore.
Harry has er a more distinct lack of ethical constraints or worries in regards to his actions than other AU HP but has had a more unique childhood that involves multiple countries and several muggle intelligence agencies. He is also fairly powered -- I might say overpowered -- but so far, that tendency hasn't really overshadowed the plot beyond an ability to learn really really quickly using his magic.
On the other hand, the net is closing around HP while HP needs to juggle/maintain several identities.
Let's just say, 5th year DA would never stand for Dumbledore's Army. Perhaps it'd stand for Harry's Army though. ^_^
Quote:
Saving Connor
Hey, Periwinkle, welcome to the forums. Glad to see that you're just jumping in with both feet -- would I be correct in assuming you've lurked for a while before going public? Either way, thanks for joining us here!
"Saving Connor" sounds interesting. I'll have to give it a look.

-- Bob
---------
Yup, lurked for a very long while... : ) Couldn't resist jumping in anymore!
I second Mastermind Hunting. I'm only on chapter five, but it's been a wild ride so far!*********
re: Mastermind hunting
I couldn't get into that one.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Re: re: Mastermind hunting
I'm in chapter 14. The beginning is a little slow going, I'll agree. The author is, as far as I can tell, apparently not a native speaker of English, and definitely needs a basic creative writing course or at least a better grasp of how to tell a story engagingly, but the plot itself isn't bad, and once Harry gets to Hogwarts it gets really interesting. As far as Uber!Harry goes, this is a relatively mild one, and a fweird one at that, but so far it's working pretty well.

-- Bob
---------
Re: re: Mastermind hunting
Smoke Two Joints, an HP fic in which Neville discovers a certain plant in the Hogwarts greenhouse, featuring rasta!Dean. NSFW, for obvious reasons.*********
This is... insane.
This is just... insane -- in a good way. I was clutching my sides.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]