Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 19: Making no sense, right from the gecko

Manytales00 Wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:We've replaced Captain Jack Harkness with Captain Jack Sparrow...
Let's replace Cap'n Harkness With Cap'n Smith.
Anyone for Cap'n Crunch?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Captain CAAAAAAVVVVVEEE! MAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN!!!!

And on that note, let's switch Captain Caveman with Encino Man and see how long it takes people to notice. Wink

"No, Encino Man cannot fly, that is an anthropological impssibility!"

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
"No, Encino Man cannot fly, that is an anthropological impssibility!"
Does he know that?... Points out window.

Larry, Curly and Moe-blob.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

No details on this one: Pani Poni Daesh
Atticus joins the JWs in Go Set a Watchtower
Duane Peters (like 7 pages ago) Wrote:Shinji Ikari watched as the EVA startup sequence cycled through all
the screens in the control pod. Suddenly, they all went black. Every
light in the plug went out.
Then, one phrase, in brilliant white
cycled across the blackness. A moment after it finished, all the screens
came back up, reporting 100% sync and all systems running at full.
Shinji keyed his mic open. "NERV Control... just what is 'Cast in the Name of God, Ye Not Guilty.' supposed to mean?
On the pure white sand beach, Shinji awoke with a start. He turned his face to right to see the silent, war-damaged body of Asuka; then to the left. There waves unfurled on a vast scarlet sea... of tomato soup.
A vision of Rei appeared in the sea. "We are all tomatoes." And then she was gone.
-- ∇×V
-- ∇×V

"Well Sam, acording to Ziggy, theres a 98.43% chance that you're captain of the Enterprise, and I'm a Cylon"
Attack on Stay-Puft
[Image: 9a82680158464a440b6ef209cd859999f556ee9c.jpg]
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I saw that and was thinking 'God of Marshmallows' at first. Kratos, how you've fallen.
--------------------------------
Je ne suis pas une Intelligence Artificielle Turing. Je suis Charlie.

Wow... that brings up all sorts of possibilities...  Attack on Gojira. Attack on Kaiju (the Jaeger Project ended up going Bubblegum Crisis over Evangelion)....
Oooo!  Just had a brainwave:  Attack on Tarzan.  The Titan-slayers get schooled by the original master of "swinging combat."  
Of course, then the question is who they go to for graduate studies:  Attack on Spider-Man or Attack on Batman?  Given that Titans appear to be immune to the Parker-ryu of Snarko-Pyschological Warfare, Bats would seem the stronger choice.  But the wall-crawler has it all over der fladermaus when it comes to sheer maneuverability....

And now I have a Spiderman/Batman "buddy cop" style crossover stuck in my head.  
Fast cars and hot soundtracks
Now, the CTSNB that I came here to pitch today, before Bob derailed my imagination (Smile, was:  Fast&Furious vs Knight Rider (I'm still trying to figure out sufficiently pun-ish crossover title)."Dom... this car can talk."
"Okay, yeah, that's cool.  But can it drive?"
(do we bring back The Hoff?  Magic 8-ball says "reply hazy, try later.")

On the subject of  '80s super-vehicle shows, I'm still trying to find a good crossover for AirWolf.

Highwayman

Chosen of the Endless
Sandman slipped the mask from his face, and then Wesley Dodd
sat at the great round table of the Justice Society, pinching the bridge of his
nose as the argument raged around him.

“Enough!” erupted from the normally quiet-spoken hero, “Where
is our big blue guest at this time?”

“He’s in the training room again – we’re hoping that with
Canary, Atom, and Stars there we can keep his attention focused long enough
that the others can actually get something done,” replied Alan Scott, “he’s
disrupted six different battles with criminals in just the last 2 days – we can’t
let what we’ve got planned against Vandal Savage get ruined as well,” he
sighed, then looked at third person at the table, “Fate, have you gotten
anything else from your spells?”

“No – while he appears to be an agent of the Courts of Chaos
by action, my spells indicate he does not belong to them.  This is not to say he could not be a member
lost in the early days of time, only now to return,” an echoing voice came from
the golden helmet of Dr. Fate, “I have prepared other rituals to delve into his
origins that I will begin soon.”

Wesley raised his hand, “Don’t bother Dr. Fate, in fact, I’d
recommend not to try – it could be rather hazardous to your health.  I was told his origins last night.”

“What – why didn’t you say anything earlier!?” came from
both Green Lantern and Dr. Fate.

“I didn’t want to believe it,” was the flat reply, “as it
also explained why the two of us felt a “connection” when he first appeared in
our lobby.”

“You remember that my prophetic dreams come from an elder
being, an anthropomorphic entity that manifests as Morpheus, God of Dreams?” he
continued.

“Yes,” was the reply from the others.

“Well, he has siblings, other entities, and our guest
receives his power from one of Morpheus’ sisters, which is why I felt the connection,”
the hero set back in his chair, “on the other hand, his companion is perfectly
normal,” a slight pause, “or at least as normal as someone who partners with him.”

Wesley shakes his head slightly, “we’d better check on the
training room and see what’s going on,” he states as he begins activating the
large monitor located at the far end of the room.

Dr. Fate speaks, “whom does he draw his power from, which of
the Endless grants their gifts to such a man?”

“I thought it would be obvious to you, Fate, since she’s
closest of the Seven to Chaos.  He’s the
chosen Champion of Delirium.”

The giant screen activates, showing the shattered remains of
the JSA training room.  Broken robots,
cracked walls, splintered doors, and piles of rubble dot the room.  A hulking figure stands upon one of the
piles, raising his fist to the heavens, his battle cry echoing throughout the
room and across the speakers.

“SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNN!!!!!”

Yes, the crossover is the Endless with the Tick Smile  The Tick being the Chosen of Delirium would
explain SO much.  This was inspired by catching a local play based on the Tick TV show last night that was incredibly funny - the actors playing Arthur and Tick really did well.
If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- Albert Einstein

*total facepalm*

Quote:RMH999 wrote:
Where's the Like button!
"Okay," I said, facepalming.  "So, Harry can't use magic for the next forty-some hours, has to host a summit in Mab's stead at MacAnnaly's is about twenty-four hours, and we're pretty sure that whomever set Harry up to have to swear on his Name to give up magic temporarily is going to be ensuring that at least some of the summit attendees have heard rumors to the effect." "Even if it means drawing Mab's wrath, that's going to be too much temptation for some of these 'people' to pass up," Harry said grimly.
"By all accounts, any summit like this is a shark tank," Karrin put it.  "And someone is chumming the waters."
"But..." I held up a finger.  "Because this is a Mab-hosted summit (even if by proxy), Harry shouldn't have to actually put the smackdown on anyone -- just convince them that whatever rumors they've heard are false.  If they don't think Harry's helpless, then breaking the Accords becomes a lot less attractive."
"So all we have to do is convince a bunch of Fey, Fomor, and Vamps (oh my!), that I still have my magic, when I can't actually use any," Harry snarked.
"You've got a serious rep, Harry.  All we have to do is show people what they expect to see."  I grinned at him.  "I'm surprised at you -- your dad was a stage magician, wasn't he?  And Mac's is the closest thing to friendly territory we could have, under the circumstances -- he'll be happy to help us with the setup, since it'll actually be in service of maintaining his neutrality."
Harry boggled at me.  "What, you're going to call David Copperfield or Harry Blackstone to bail me out here?"
I shook my head, snagging my magic-hardened smartphone out of my pocket.  "Nah, we need a different brand of crazy.  Not to mention guys who can improv fast.  That means, Penn and Teller for the "tricks," and Savage and Hyneman for the A-Team Macguyvering (plus any explosives).  Michael can probably get us local skilled labor that can keep their mouths shut for the donkey work...."
Karrin was looking a little poleaxed.  "Are you seriously going to put Penn&Teller together with the MythBusters, in my city?"

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
"Are you seriously going to put Penn&Teller together with the MythBusters, in my city?"
omfg....  FUND THAT SUCKER!

Then, of course, there's what you get when you crossover MLP:FIM (specifically, S1E1) with The Fifth Element:

The Sixth Element (of Harmony)

"You think Twilight is in trouble?"
"Princess, when is Twilight NOT in trouble?"

Another MLP; FiM idea.

Gilligan's Island with everyone recast with the Mane Six
Twilight as The Professor
Rarity as one of the Howells (probably Mr.)
Pinky Pie as Gilligan

Unfortunately i don't know the series well enough to cast the rest

And thanks to Hiver over at SpaceBattles for his New Beginnings SI-FiM fic

The trouble with that is that Gilligan's Island has seven characters.

So, just make it one Howell instead of two.

Skipper - Applejack
Gilligan - Pinky Pie
Mrs. Howell - Rarity
Movie Star - Fluttershy
Professor - Twilight Sparkle
Mary Anne - Rainbow Dash

I think that works,

Agreed

Saving troubled souls, with plenty of collateral damage:
Touched by a Lovely Angel
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

MLP:FIM and the manga/anime "Assassination Classroom." The expanded Cutie Mark Crusaders (I like the version from the Nyx stories) and classmates have to re-pretrify Discord-Sensei before he blows up the planet at the end of the school year. (Granted, this concept is somewhat overtaken by events in the more recent seasons I haven't caught up with yet, from what I've heard).

Thing is, after seeing the way Celestia uses Twilight and the Mane Six, I could actually see something like this happening....

I read that as 'Torched' at first.