Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY

Quote:GethN7 wrote:
Quote:...and I have no idea who saved Yang (I thought it was Adam until I realized they were female and had different hair.
I figured the mysterious female figure was secretly Yang's mom. After all, we know that Yang is looking for her mom and her mysterious savior left before Yang could clearly identify her.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Quote:Shepherd wrote:
Quote:GethN7 wrote:
Quote:...and I have no idea who saved Yang (I thought it was Adam until I realized they were female and had different hair.
I figured the mysterious female figure was secretly Yang's mom. After all, we know that Yang is looking for her mom and her mysterious savior left before Yang could clearly identify her.
Peggy thought it was Ruby's mom -- who would have to be the later of the two moms, obviously, so she's just as familiar to Yang as she is to Ruby.  This is based on the hair color and the color scheme of the combat gear.
Quote:vorticity wrote:
It's also his power-up; that last swig reminded me of Popeye.  Fightin' some mechs?  I'm gonna need caffeine.
I want to know where he got the idea to swat the dog at the mech.  And why he knew it would work.  And why the dog turned into a comet of flame.  And, well, now that I think about it, a lot of things about that dog...
Quote:I'm worried that this plan isn't entirely over.  We still haven't seen what they're using all of the Dust for, unless it was the bombs.  Doubt it, though.
Oh, it's far from over.  We have eight more volumes to go, according to Monty.  
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Sorry, but after LOL'ing hard at this scene I have to get it out of my system...
Quote:Oobleck uses Zwei-a-ball! It's SUPER-effective!
*ahem*

Yeah, I'm better now.

Put me down for the Yang's mom camp. I basically took her as some sort of old-line White Fang enforcer due to the elaborate mask (did you see how fast Neo scarpered when she arrived on the scene?), until I noticed she has the same sort of sash-thing Yang has (different colour of course). 'OMG, that's Yang's Mom!' I thought. Only when thinking about it did I also notice she fit the pic Yang was using talking to Junior in the Yellow trailer.

.... Honestly, I think it's Ruby from the Future.

Which might explain why Monty Oum emphasized that the characters would age in real time, so that in the tenth season Ruby would be ten years older...
-- Bob
---------

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9902&v=more

Episode 12 (Season Finale)....Be sure to stay for a post credit scene.....
...And Team CFVY steals the show....

Baseload Wrote:http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9902&v=more

Episode 12 (Season Finale)....Be sure to stay for a post credit scene.....

...And Team CFVY steals the show....
First impressions, Torchwick anticipated this and has a Plan B (Cinder's reaction seems to confirm this), Ironwood is going down the Knight Templar path despite Ozpin and Glinda's efforts to dissuade him otherwise, the scene in Ozpin's office gave me flashbacks to the beginning of the fifith Harry Potter book, EVERYONE just proved their badass credentials in epic fashion, and why am I not surprised to see Adam Taurus again on Team Evil's side?

Also, that post credits scene left me in full blown 0_0 mode.

Given that the cast credits are in order of first appearance over the course of the season, that means the very last one -- "Raven Branwen" -- has to be our mysterious person.
-- Bob
---------

She has Ruby's hair and Yang's eyes.

Makes a guy wonder.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

If we didn't know there were two different mothers... yeah.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
She could still be an aunt from their father's side of the family. Or she could be Yang's mother with blonde as a recessive gene. Or she could be Yang's mother and she dyes her hair black. Or she could be an unknown older sister or cousin. Too many possibilities to know for sure.  
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Stirring the pot a little, apparently (I haven't checked myself) Qrow's last name is also Branwen.

Quote:Shepherd wrote:
She could still be an aunt from their father's side of the family. Or she could be Yang's mother with blonde as a recessive gene. Or she could be Yang's mother and she dyes her hair black. Or she could be an unknown older sister or cousin. Too many possibilities to know for sure.  
And we are going to be having so much fun/being frustrated discussing it until Volume 3 starts Wink
BTW when Coco unlimbered her weapon did anyone else think /fake Russian accent "I am Heavy Weapons Gal" /fake Russian accent off?

Is it me or was Emerald kinda checking Ruby out, there?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:Is it me or was Emerald kinda checking Ruby out, there?

a RWBY AMV set to Fall Out Boy's new song Centuries (which I must say is a hell of a song)

The volume 2 soundtrack is out at iTunes and Google Play.

I've also run into http://www.youtube.com/user/IceninjaX77]this guy, specifically his Tales of RWBY series that merges JRPG sensibilities with the first volume to get some fun things.

There are already videos up for some of the Vol 2 Soundtrack.

I'm gonna be a-usin' "Caffiene" as a power song for Doug, you betcha.

And "Boop" reveals something completely unsuspected until now...
-- Bob
---------

And "Boop" reveals something completely unsuspected until now...

Oh come on. Even Jaune had figured it out. JAUNE.

No, Jaune assumed they were a couple. Which is not the case.
-- Bob
---------

Sure it isn't... Mostly because neither of them seems willing to risk the friendship there.

"Um... I wouldn't say 'together' together..."

Christmas present for all RT sponsors. Swing by the site right now and try out a one level, pre-alpha build of RWBY: Grim Eclipse. It's a little simple, and there are bugs, but it's Ruby beating up Beowolves!