Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Holy Shit.
RE: Well Holy Shit.
It better be. I was digging through my old Costume files and found out i didn't have my Fuuka Gakuen uniform for Shizuru saved. I am sad.... so is my avatar
In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
Sooo... not that anyone should be surprised but... I started The Legendary with Shizuru. Global is still @Drenivian
our glory will prevail

Well, they are at 2500+, apparently they are already well past where the live server cap was.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Shizuru, TiraBlue, and myself, Mag Flashlight, are all available to dispense Legendary invites.
Is this the original code, or is this something else?

Surely there's no copyright breach if it'#s a reverse engineer?

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
(04-21-2019, 05:24 PM)Dartz Wrote: Is this the original code, or is this something else?

Surely there's no copyright breach if it'#s a reverse engineer?

Original Issue24 beta including raw source code from the very last dev backup before NCsoft chased everyone out of the building.

SEGS is continuing their reverse engineering and won't touch it.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

Me, Vyper, and Mag.  Now i feel right

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

our glory will prevail

don't forget the floor inspection tour you and I did.

HOLY CARP SO GOOD. I've got RWBY - Caffeine playing on youtube and on my main monitor EVERYTHING IS FIRE and I'm punching and asjdlaksjc;ksjv s;kjn LOST CONNECTION TO MAPSERVER
Yeesh. Go away to Baltimore for a weekend and everything happens. Looks like it's time to find a way on and recreate Evangelia. And Beach Baby. And St Trinian's Girl. And X-Ray Ted. And Some Random Schmuck. And...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(04-22-2019, 07:05 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Yeesh.  Go away to Baltimore for a weekend and everything happens.  Looks like it's time to find a way on and recreate Evangelia.  And Beach Baby.  And St Trinian's Girl.  And X-Ray Ted.  And Some Random Schmuck.  And...

Don't go too hard on rebuilding everyone,  we're staring a reset in the face on the 27th.

But there's certainly time to Go. Hunt. Kill Skuls.
Are we getting the band back together??? That is a darn good question I am not ready to answer at the moment, but rather am looking to everyone else here since I was one of the last to hop on the CoH Bandwagon....
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I would certainly not be averse to trying to reconstruct those of my toons I can recall clearly enough to do so.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Per reddit,

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/co...ouncement/

Per the announcement, there's an I25 server back online, and per discussion with Vyperpunk, the mechanism for registering your account is clogged worse than [CLOGGED THING]. So wait until this evening and give it a try, using the methodology in the STATE OF THE SERVER thread.

There's multiple ways to go forward. There's the final NCSoft codebase, that's being referred to most places as I24. This is currently in development, being streamlined and updated. I believe the big goals for it are to free it from MS licenses, and get it to be less hungry.

Then there's the codebase that was run by SCORE, the 'private' server. It's been developed on for years, and has significant differences from I24. From our POV, the vet rewards and cash purchased items are now available from "P2W Agent" NPC vendors. There is the new Sentinel class, a blaster/scrapper hybrid. There's more power diversification, and it's loose as can be for who starts where. Fr'ex, I can make an Arachnos Soldier, and start in Atlas Park.
After trying and trying over the weekend, I finally made it on. I just can't express how I feel after being gone so long. Elated doesn't even come close.
I know, right? How's the server running at the moment? I'm stuck at work, so I won't know nuttin' until I get home. Is it still Bree?
(04-24-2019, 03:07 PM)Wiregeek Wrote: I know, right?  How's the server running at the moment?  I'm stuck at work, so I won't know nuttin' until I get home.  Is it still Bree?

It's running about like it was when it went down. It is a temp server named Torchbearer, you might have to recreate your forum/game account.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

oh ayuh, forum account is unknown, but game account is 100% a recreate thing.

EDIT: Just got through using my 'old' forum account, and created a new game account. So, your forum account is still there, you'll just need a game account to go with it.
So, the i25 bins are out in the wild and people are figuring out how to set them up as a server. To say nothing on the progress the i24 coders are making.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

(04-24-2019, 08:57 PM)Dakota Wrote: To say nothing on the progress the i24 coders are making.

Spud's been looking at the code for a few days now. It's not the worst code he's seen, but you know, faint praise and all that... According to the others in our chat circle, his response to the chat functions was a thing of beauty (It's apparently an old forum program bastardized in some weird way)

EDIT: Spud: it's probably fairer to say it resembles a forum system, rather than it being one -- if you want to get technical they built a messaging queue, rolled their own solution, instead of just using a standard chat library.

Also, the comments amuse me
"(RaidInitPlayer(e) might work, but kicking him is safer (and more satisfying)"
In a block of code that kicks the targeted player out of the SG base if a base raid starts up and they're one of the attackers but are already inside the base

Praetoria fucked so many things up behind the scenes, it's not even funny
There's all sorts of special handling code because they can't use the original stuff, they have to check to see if the player is in praetoria and if so go do something else instead of just using the, for example, map-transfer code that works for every other thing in the game.
(04-24-2019, 09:18 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 08:57 PM)Dakota Wrote: To say nothing on the progress the i24 coders are making.

Spud's been looking at the code for a few days now. It's not the worst code he's seen, but you know, faint praise and all that... According to the others in our chat circle, his response to the chat functions was a thing of beauty (It's apparently an old forum program bastardized in some weird way)

EDIT: Spud: it's probably fairer to say it resembles a forum system, rather than it being one -- if you want to get technical they built a messaging queue, rolled their own solution, instead of just using a standard chat library.

Also, the comments amuse me
"(RaidInitPlayer(e) might work, but kicking him is safer (and more satisfying)"
In a block of code that kicks the targeted player out of the SG base if a base raid starts up and they're one of the attackers but are already inside the base

The devs wanted to go back and redo a lot of this coding themselves before the game got shuttered. Heard they were almost out right terrified of messing anything involving the supergroup bases coding short of a complete rewrite.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

RE: Well Holy
So. Thoughts after playing for a few hours.

There's problems. Mapserves every few minutes. Rubberbanding like you wouldn't believe. Jerks and assholes already coming out of the woodwork.

But then I hit a button, and I hear that green respite pop, and its like I'm a decade younger, playing essentially the same game. Make no mistake, there are differences, New AT, new powersets, even a mostly finished new zone! I spent a lot of hours way back when playing this, and today I was reminded of better times, better places. I was twenty one when I got into this game, shortly after I1 dropped. Hearing that iconic music, soaring through the skys bounded by War Walls, I'm back to being a idiot, know-it-all twenty-something again.

Only one thing could really make this better for me right now.

Playing with all of you again. So, when the permanent server is up, send me a invite, wouldja?
(04-25-2019, 12:11 AM)Niteflier Wrote: Playing with all of you again. So, when the permanent server is up, send me a invite, wouldja?

See you on the streets...
(04-25-2019, 12:11 AM)Niteflier Wrote: So, when the permanent server is up, send me a invite, wouldja?

That's what I'm waiting for. I mean, the Torchbearers server is okay... but when they keep discussing character wipes after a set period of time, I fully admit I'm waiting for when any progress I put into the game is actual progress.

I'm super jazzed, make no mistake, but the permanent server is what I'm holding out for.
(04-25-2019, 12:11 AM)Niteflier Wrote: So. Thoughts after playing for a few hours.

There's problems. Mapserves every few minutes. Rubberbanding like you wouldn't believe. Jerks and assholes already coming out of the woodwork.

But then I hit a button, and I hear that green respite pop, and its like I'm a decade younger, playing essentially the same game. Make no mistake, there are differences, New AT, new powersets, even a mostly finished new zone! I spent a lot of hours way back when playing this, and today I was reminded of better times, better places. I was twenty one when I got into this game, shortly after I1 dropped. Hearing that iconic music, soaring through the skys bounded by War Walls, I'm back to being a idiot, know-it-all twenty-something again.

Only one thing could really make this better for me right now.

Playing with all of you again. So, when the permanent server is up, send me a invite, wouldja?

I've been mapservered a few times, but my biggest issue is zoning. I've locked and had to delete several characters so far because they get into a endless loop of partly loading a map then booting me to the login screen. I don't know if that is the load on the server, or something related to my connection. Going to be testing somethings with a borrowed hotspot instead of my phone tethered connection.
Warning:
Dihydrogen monoxide
Containment Vessel

...If I get the time (not a guarantee), I'll try to get on tonight. I know I have some of the Mythbusters' costume files still hanging around in my anything-but-Temp directory, so I might well recreate one of them for the fun of it.

EDIT: New zone? What new zone?
-- Bob