Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OF course it would
OF course it would
Well, this last week is just getting better and better.

A couple of weeks ago one of the pipes that are part of the building broke.  Flooded areas of the Kitchen and living room.  So this week we've had people all over the place, first cleaning the carpets and now putting down Laminate flooring in Kitchen and Dining area.

Needless to say thats why I've not really had much time in game.

Only now I get to have even less, because this wonderful week just culminated in a phone call from the landlord's son, who is basicly her agent now.  

They no longer want to rent to us.  60 days to vacate.  So the time I thought I might have now that the work is done (oh, but its not yet, they still have another day worth of work after all) gets to be spent finding a new place.

I hate calling people I KNOW.  Let alone strangers?

*BLECH*

So, um, really not going to have much time in the game until we have this whole thing worked.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
RE: OF course it would
Ouch, that sucks. We have been missing you, but I hope this all works out. Why'd they stop renting?
*cynical answer*
with the new work done on the place they can charge more, but simply raising the rate on Ranger after doing repairwork they as Landlord are obligated to do, would give him an opprotunity to bitch to the housing board and be supported. But raising the price for a new Renter is 'fair' since said newbie will be agreeing to the new price upfront.
fuck I wish I had enough capital to have a house dropped on my second parcel of dirt. That would be a hoot. "PAY YOUR RENT ENERGY BOY, KILL MOAR ROMANS"
Ouch Star I'm sorry to hear about the shit yer having to deal with currently, I wish you nothing but the best of luck finding a new place to stay >.<

Wire:You'd have to also make him slot KB > KD into all powers :p
(06-29-2019, 12:38 PM)Norgarth Wrote: *cynical answer*
with the new work done on the place they can charge more, but simply raising the rate on Ranger after doing repair work they as Landlord are obligated to do, would give him an opportunity to bitch to the housing board and be supported.  But raising the price for a new Renter is 'fair' since said newbie will be agreeing to the new price upfront.

Norgarth has the right of it.  Because we've been here so long, they do have the right to just terminate without prejudice (although there is a lot of prejudice here, but at the moment they are legally shielded by putting it on the 'oh, we just want them out' card.)  However, I've also heard that there has been a change in the Owner association by=laws here.  They are required to physically live here in the unit for 24 months before they can rent to someone else.  So if that IS what the owner is hoping for... Karma man.  Karma.  Just wish I could see her face when the trap closes on her

So, either way, karma is a biatch.  But it ALSO means that I do have to concentrate on the locating of new housing.  And I have to be the one who takes point because I have the most free time because of my Military Disabilty pension. Might Rent, Might have mom co sign with me on a loan to buy if it comes to that, but right now the big problem is Mom is...  Older.  While I'd prefer a one floor floorplan, those are hard to find in LA in our present target price range.  That isn't the issue.  The issue is that she is from the pre civil rights generation, and while she normally does a great job at not showing it, she still harbors a lot of preconceptions about racial tendencies.  She doesn't want to even consider some areas just because of the predominate skin color, and the old, pre civil rights stereotypes.  Or, perhaps while she views them as people (in individual cases) she still views neighborhoods as...

Bah.  Now *I'm* pre judging *her.*  Short form is she seems to think that just because the majority of people in a certain neighborhood are of a certain racial extraction, that defines what she can expect of the neighborhood.  Not insurmountable, but one more thing that has to be handled along with everything ELSE.

*sigh*
NO QUARTER!

Ranger, sorry but stupid question, is there a reason you are sticking to LA?
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Ranger, I got your back as I can and as you'll let me.
(06-30-2019, 07:00 AM)Rajvik Wrote: Ranger, sorry but stupid question, is there a reason you are sticking to LA?

Yes, especially when you remember we are talking the Greater Los Angeles Area.  Mom works for a DoD contractor here.  So, she needs to be able to commute to her work site
NO QUARTER!

(07-01-2019, 03:48 AM)Star Ranger4 Wrote:
(06-30-2019, 07:00 AM)Rajvik Wrote: Ranger, sorry but stupid question, is there a reason you are sticking to LA?

Yes, especially when you remember we are talking the Greater Los Angeles Area.  Mom works for a DoD contractor here.  So, she needs to be able to commute to her work site

Ok, good reason. The way it sounded was that your mom was retired, so had that been the case it would have been a valid question. Work however trumps almost everything

Next stupid, have you checked equidistantly the other side of your mother's work? Something I had to point out to my sister as she has been looking for places for us to possibly move to in Texas
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Not possible. The equidistant point on the OTHER side is kinda... out to sea. Litterally. Houseboats are even more expensive than regular houses in the long run... And while I am well versed in the art of chipping paint and maintaining structures vs Salt Water corrosion I really thought that part of my life was over
NO QUARTER!

So, a month along and SORT of an update. By combining my service benefits and mom's superior credit, we just might have a actual HOUSE... well, townhouse in a month.

Stay tuned...
NO QUARTER!

Eyes crossed for ya
Thanks Wire. At this point, it is all in the hands of the loan underwriter. On the one hand I hope to hear yes from them on Monday, and the other is fear that in spite of all that we have done its going to be a no.
NO QUARTER!

UPDATE!!!

And this one is a good one!!!

We just transfered Title today... which means, for those of you who have only rented, that My mother and I are the proud owner of ACTUAL REAL ESTATE.'

Just as long as we can keep making the payments. However, between now and 9/2 (thats Labor day in the USA) I will be busy actually taking care of packing, and moving and all of that stuff.

BUT I HAVE A PLACE THAT IS MINE AS LONG AS WE KEEP UP THE PAYMENTS!!!

*now where is that snoopy dance gif?????*
NO QUARTER!

Yay! From one homeowner to another, congratulations!
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
[Image: 4m6H42X.jpg]
Hell yeah!
I'm reminded of one of the later verses in the "read a book" rap - "Buy some land, buy some land, buy some motherfuckin' land/fuck spinning rims, buy some land!" Big Grin As long as it makes sense for you financially, of course, but it sounds like you've got that worked out.
--
‎noli esse culus
We were talking about you today. The scrapper Just. Kept. Dying. I made a crack about being a founding member of the Floor Inspection Squad, Cimeroran chapter. Vyper said Star Ranger would have done it better..
Soon you will have me to tease in virtual person. Just have to get through the move in progress
NO QUARTER!

Its done.  Well, Almost, anyway...

Kinda need a desk under there to put everything on
NO QUARTER!

hell yeah! How's the new digs?
Full of moving boxes, of course! but un packing gives me something to do when I need to go stand up, etc
NO QUARTER!

That's definitely the way to do it - get what you'll iummediately need sset up, then do a few items at a time, maybe a whole box, as breaks from other activities so it's not a horrible chore that makes you want to just throw them all in the attic and "do it later." I think we all know when "later" comes Wink
--
‎noli esse culus