Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick ALL the Starters Part II
RE: Kick ALL the Starters Part II
The Lackadaisy webcomic is funding an entire season of their cartoon by running a Backerfit for their merchandise. Over a week to go and they've raised over $1.3 million, which is enough for five episodes.

Backerfit link:

https://www.backerkit.com/c/iron-circus-...nd-plushes

Their webcomic:

https://lackadaisy.com/index.php

Their pilot episode on YouTube:

“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Fantasy gamers, are you interested in a detailed system for alchemy? Nerdgamers is seeking funding on Backerkit for their Alchemy Generator. The campaign ends just before midnight tomorrow PDT and has only reached about a third of its funding goal. I wish I'd found it sooner.
Steve Jackson Games is running a Kickstarter for a new party game:

Tabloids - A Game By Steve Jackson
Over 300 weird and wacky cards let you invent the news the media doesn’t dare to print!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sjg...ve-jackson
“I really hope I’m behind this convoluted mess; at least that way I’ll be able to get revenge by doing this to myself. I won’t even have to feel bad because it’ll be all my fault.” - Harry Potter, The Master of Death by Ryuugi.
Howard Tayler has launched a kickstarter for Book 18 of Schlock Mercenary; Mandatory Failure
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/how...ry-book-18
started today and already fully funded
(07-04-2023, 05:17 PM)Dartz Wrote: Friend of mine is Kickstarting his self-published comic - Worldender

Ken Mahon.

A polygenreous exploration of the life of the Immortal Gilbert Marlowe. Either Slice of life, or Science Fiction, Sports or Horror or Fantasy.

And I just received it today.

With a little sketch of Hardsuit Priss on the inside cover because I'm known to be a BGC fan.

This is quite possibly the most efficient and well-run Kickstarter ever.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spi...phic-novel

White Heron: The Graphic Novel

Defector. Soldier. Hero. Just an ordinary girl who's running out of time.

Available in PDF, Soft Cover or Hard Cover formats, White Heron Volume 1 is 162 pages long, including Chapters 1-4 (Chapter 4 currently unpublished), 10 pages of art, as well as a brand new prequel chapter featuring Kumiho, Park and the man who will one day become Colonel Glass.

From the creator of Spinnerette: https://www.spinnyverse.com/comic/02-09-2010
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wlp...rt-designs

White Lightning Productions is holding a Kickstarter for a buch of geek t-shirt designs.
It's in its final days, but I only just backed it, so I'm only just getting around to sharing it. Sorry. Anyway, here's Wonderwall the latest from the maniac what brung ya Deep Fried and Weapon Brown.

Jason Yungbluth, dba Death Ray Graphics, Wrote:(Image desc: Space. We can see Sol in the distance between Earth, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, and what's probably the Moon. The eastern portion of North America is still mostly in night, so from the New Jersey border westward, we can see the golden lights of a great many cities. The Moon is also covered with urban light, as well as one group of hexagonal light-lines.
"In the not-too-far-distant future, humanity has taken to the stars and joined the brotherhood of prosperous, peace-loving worlds that constitute the galactic alliance known as U-Fed.
"Having put aside war and prejudice, mankind is fueled by grit and compassion in equal measure, and all the treasures of outer space are yours for the taking as long as you play by the rules--
"--and as long as you don't try to change the rules.")

This is the future of Kobayashi Maru, an action parody of Star Trek (as well as other sci-fi standouts) that I would like to pitch to major publishers early next year.

I created and published the first issue of Kobayashi Maru several years ago (the "pilot", if you will), and then put it on hold to pursue other projects. Now I would like to bring the project back to life! In order to follow that dream, I need to pay for the artistic talent that I want to bring on board to supplement my own artwork and turn Kobayashi Maru into a project that will really stand out in a crowd. And you can help bring this project to life by funding the Kobayashi Maru: Source Code sketchbook!

Source Code will contain character profiles, development art and  nuggets of story info that will introduce you to the world I am building... including background information that will only be disclosed later in the series but that you will be the first to learn!

If this Kickstarter is successful, I will be able to hire the artists I want to assist me on this project and create a set of completed pages to display in a second Kickstarter that will fund the completion of a new, revised first issue of Kobayashi Maru, From there it will be sent off to Dark Horse Comics, Image Comics... anyone insane enough to open my envelope! (Or, if things go REALLY well, I may just publish Kobayashi Maru as a graphic novel on my own! Who knows??)

If you are a fan of science fiction and would enjoy an original comic book series with a skewed take on Star Trek--the series and its fandom-- with touches of Quentin Tarantino, Philip K. Dick and Rick and Morty thrown in for good measure, I hope you will choose to get in on the ground floor of Kobayashi Maru and Kickstart Source Code,  an exciting, limited edition one-off that will not be printed again!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dea...=user_menu

P.S. Due to the vagaries of campaign add-ons, I will have (once my rewards ship, currently estimated for December) a duplicate copy of Yungbluth's cheesecake art-book Feast for the Eyes. If anyone's accidentally interested, please call or write this station.
Steve Jckson Games has another weeklong Kickstarter:

Car Wars Companion for Sixth Edition

It's time to get back in the driver's seat with the Car Wars Companion! With over 100 full-color pages, this book is filled with new rule sets, over 30 scenarios, personalities for bot (non-player) cars, and more! Experience all-new adventures in a post-apocalyptic world of autoduels, futuristic arenas, and powerful weaponry.

Over $45,000 pledged in the first few hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sjg...th-edition
It'd been running for a week as of this afternoon, so it's probably time I mentioned the latest campaign for a Storypath game.

Onyx Path Publishing Wrote:Do not concern yourself with what’s above you. From here on out, the only way forward is down.

The World Below provides. But you must dig. You must explore. You must map. You must build. You must defend. The World Below provides, but only to the worthy.

Your surroundings are horrific and wondrous. Extract gemstones and find natural springs of nourishing water, but be cautious: excavate too far, and you’ll wake the creatures in the walls, the caves, and the Dark.

The World Below is a game of adversity, heroism, terror, and awe. Your characters will overcome or be defeated by terrible beasts, environmental calamities, and Kaos storms ravaging their surroundings and the souls around them. They will chart their journeys, chronicle their tales, and pass their stories down to their descendants, who will in turn become your characters when your old ones perish or retire.

Expect threats and risks, joys, and discoveries. The World Below promises a hard, harsh existence, but when the light of hope gleams in the thick darkness, it feels as bright as the sun.

Stretch goals unlocked so far: a backer T-shirt on Redbubble, a starting scenario (Delving Deep into the World Below), an alternate design for the messenger bag that's available in certain mid-range pledge levels or as an add-on to lesser pledges, and a supplement in which the Ed Greenwood, who was already working on the project, revives the spirit of his old Monstrous Ecology series from Dragon to "some of the common colossal bugs, monstrous entities, and carnivorous beasts dwelling in the World Below". Next stop: desktop wallpaper!

https://www.backerkit.com/c/onyx-path/the-world-below
Scurvy Buggers - A found family RPG

It's the Golden Age of Piracy! You have your crew, you have your flag, but can you find lasting friendship or even love?

Scurvy Buggers is an easy-to-learn tabletop roleplaying game where you play as a crew of pirates finding family on the high seas. Inspired by the Golden Age of Piracy, Scurvy Buggers begins with defining your unique flag — a banner that represents your most driving principle, the thing that drives you to piracy. The game encourages "Troupe Style Play" - where each player takes on the roles of various pyrates, and sharing characters across players - as well as providing rules for shared GM campaigns.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/9th...vy-buggers
Time Magazine's "Best Invention of 2023" has spawned a science puzzle Kickstarter.

Last March, a breakthrough discovery in mathematics was announced: the aperiodic monotile dubbed the Hat. This single "einstein shape" can cover an entire plane to infinity without any repeating pattern. The elusive design was sought for fifty years … many doubted it could even exist!

Now InFUNity Tiles lets you hold this improbable polygon in your very own hands.

The pieces connect endlessly — but they can also misconnect in "wrong" ways that lead to gaps that can't be filled. It's more challenging than it looks!

A math degree isn't needed to enjoy playing with these amazing "smart tiles," discovering the genius of their unique shape.

Solo or with friends of any age, finding the right fit is fun and engaging!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/atl...escription
Sean Owen Roberson, Creative Director and business partner at Palladium Books, Wrote:The Best Selling Hit RPG from 1985 is Back!

This Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness Kickstarter campaign features a relaunch of the original TMNT role-playing game and sourcebooks, sought-after collector items that have enthralled generations since their release in 1985 as one of the first licensed TMNT products.

They are returning to print as two, officially licensed, deluxe hardcover collections of the RPG and all sourcebooks. Each is completely remastered, includes rules clarifications, and is updated to full color. Bonus material includes an array of new artwork, never-before-seen behind-the-scenes info and art, remembrances, and tributes by renowned comic book and RPG creators Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, Freddie E. Williams II, Sophie Campbell, Jim Lawson, Ciro Nieli, David Petersen, Steven Cummings, Ramon K. Perez, and many more.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
& Other Strangeness Redux Edition

This 256 page full color reissue contains the following remastered with modern layout:
  • NEW Homage Cover Art by Freddie E. Williams II, with color by Michael Majestic.
  • The classic 1985 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness core RPG book. Now in full color.
  • The Turtles Go Hollywood adventure book. Now in full color.
  • The Truckin' Turtles adventure book. Now in full color.
  • Featuring 8 pages of original comics created for the RPG by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. Now in full color.
  • Featuring 35 original mutant animal illustrations for the RPG by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. Now in full color.
  • Featuring all-new rules for creating 5 new mutant animals (the Gecko, Great White Shark, Ring-Tailed Lemur, Penguin, and Alligator Snapping Turtle) with one or more illustrated by Sophie Campbell, plus a new "Feral" hand-to-hand combat style for mutants who grew up in the wild, and an equipment chapter updated with modern gear not available in 1985.
  • The Redux Edition includes the classic rules clarified and updated to provide ease of play for fans old and new alike.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Transdimensional Adventures Redux Edition

This 256 page full color reissue contains the following remastered with modern layout:
  • NEW Homage Cover Art by Freddie E. Williams II, with color by Michael Majestic.
  • The fan favorite Transdimensional TMNT sourcebook with rules for creating humanoid mutant dinosaurs and prehistoric mammals like the saber-toothed tiger and mastodon. Plus fan-favorite easy to use time travel rules, magic, and more! Now in full color.
  • The TMNT Guide to the Universe sci-fi sourcebook and adventure supplement with weird aliens, high-tech gear, and rules for creating futuristic craft and piloting them in dogfights! Now in full color.
  • The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures the best selling TMNT RPG adventure book with memorable villains and dastardly plots. Now in full color.
  • Featuring 10 pages of original comics created for these sourcebooks by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird. Now in full color.
  • Featuring 33 original mutant animal illustrations created for these sourcebooks by Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird, and Jim Lawson. Now in full color.

Besides those colorized editions, each book will get a "Black, White & Red" Edition (does what it says on the tin), a KS-exclusive variant-cover edition, and a "Mutagen Green" foil-stamped cover edition. Add-ons include miniatures and themed dice. Stretch goals include stats and a miniature for the Turtles' fellow Mirage Studios stalwart Fugitoid. I still have my brother's old copy of the classic TMNT&OS (and the After the Bomb supplement), but I might buy into the new edition anyway just because of the penguin unlock (and splash out on going transdimensional because dinosaurs).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pal...f=activity
There's a Kickstarter for the final two books in the 'Mother of Learning' webseries (https://www.fictionpress.com/u/804592/nobody103), and they're already at triple their minimum goal. If you haven't ordered the previous books, you can get all four volumes in paperback for $75 + shipping or in hardcover for $135 + shipping.

Quote:The time loop is coming to an end. With limited restarts remaining, Zorian and his allies must redouble their efforts to discover how they can prevent the release of an ancient primordial being once the time loop expires and they are returned to the real world—where choices can’t be undone.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wra...escription
Onyx Path Publishing Wrote:Never before has Creation known the perils of the Abyssal Exalted. They have emerged from the gloom of the Underworld as champions of death, sworn to the service of the Deathlords and the Neverborn. Each was offered the gift of the Bleak Exaltation at the moment of their own demise, and each chose to willingly become an agent of the apocalypse. Their motivations are as manifold as any others — they may seek destruction or domination, malice or justice, ancient secrets hidden and forbidden or sheer iron-willed survival.

In service to their lieges, these deathknights will grind the Underworld to heel and scour life from the face of Creation. Or…they might break from those oaths and set themselves up as death’s own Lawgivers, ruling empires of the dead as sages, arbiters, and reapers. All that can be known for sure is that with the Abyssal Exalted loosed upon the world, it will never be the same again.

Abyssals: Sworn to the Grave launched a little over three hours ago as I wrote this and is already 190% funded. Once I finish this post and a few other things, it'll get a little more funded ahead of an estimated 2025 release.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/abyss...xalted-3e/
This holiday season, you yes you can take flight with pirates.

Capt. Robert Brown, Master after God and Dr. Leguminous Calgori of the temporal airship HMS Ophelia, Wrote:Abney Park is having a virtual concert, you watch from home! December 16th, 2023, at 6:00pm, PST. This concert will will be all the fun of a live concert...but from the comfort of your home! Abney Park's live streaming concerts put you right at the front of the stage, the best view in the house...but you control the volume, you get to choose who you sit next to, and you can watch in your pajamas!

Since this show features Jody, we'll be doing a lot of classic Abney Park songs that she recorded on. And because this show is two weeks from Christmas, we'll be doing a lot of Abney Park unique and dark Christmas songs, like "Your a Mean One Mister Grinch", and "The Crimson Intruder".

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the...jody-ellen

* Jody Ellen, a former member whose vocals, Wikipedia tells me, can be heard on Æther Shanties and The End of Days.
A new Kickstarter from Steve Jackson Games.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sjg...escription

The Fantasy Trip Bestiary AND Foes 2 STL Miniatures

Over 200 new creatures for roleplaying adventure, plus 50+ detailed 3D fantasy miniatures for resin printers.

The Fantasy Trip Bestiary is a hardcover book with nearly 200 pages of creatures from giant ant lions to treacherous wyverns. Each listing includes basic stats, descriptions of their appearance and behavior, and typical habitat. It’s a fantastic companion for Game Masters who want to challenge their players or find inspiration for their next campaign. The Bestiary comes with 183 monster reference cards and over 250 counters for creatures of all shapes and sizes.

Foes 2 brings even more monsters and creatures to your 3D printer. This set includes 50 unique sculpts plus stretch goals . . . wolves, snakes, and bears to crabmen, ghouls, flying gargoyles, and more! These STL files will allow you to create exciting, dynamic tabletop miniatures to bring any fantasy game to life. More figures, all the way up to a dragon, will be added as stretch goals are unlocked.
Did AnimEigo do the original English release of this one? Somehow, I thought it was US Renditions.

Robert J Woodhead Wrote:Super Dimension Fortress MACROSS II - Lovers Again - takes place within the solar system during 2090 A.D. Eighty years have passed since the events of Space War I, and U.N. Spacy has encountered little in the way of further interstellar threats to humanity’s homeworld. This long peace is suddenly shattered when a previously-unknown, highly aggressive humanoid alien race, the Marduk, launches a surprise attack.

During the first wave of assaults, it quickly becomes clear that not only does this new adversary appear to be immune to U.N. Spacy’s musical Minmay Attack, but the Marduk can inspire their soldiers using their own songstresses, the Emulators. During a front-line reporting assignment, Tabloid TV reporter Hibiki Kanzaki locates and rescues an Emulator in distress, Ishtar.

With the Minmay Attack no longer effective, U.N. Spacy is forced to deploy its entire arsenal in a desperate attempt to protect the Earth from utter devastation. Meanwhile, Hibiki, Ishtar, and U.N. Spacy ace pilot Silvie Gena race against time to discover the secrets hidden aboard the SDF-1 Macross fortress, hoping that they will provide the key to ending the conflict between humanity and the mysterious Marduk.

Launched this morning, and already over 150% funded.

Quote:Confirmed Contents (Basic Blu-ray)
The Basic Blu-ray will contain the following:
  • All 6 episodes of Macross II in HD with Japanese audio on a BD-50 disc, encoded at a bitrate just below the point at which your Blu-ray player will catch fire.
  • Three types of English subtitles; our regular colored subtitles, colored SDH subtitles, and SDH captions.
  • Two Japanese commentaries featuring production staff: Tomita Sukehiro (Story Editor/Screenwriter), Mikimoto Haruhiko (Character Design) & Sasaki Shiro (Music Producer) and voice actors: Takayama Tsutomu (voice of Hibiki Kanzaki), Kasahara Hiroko (voice and singing voice of Ishtar) & Toma Yumi (voice of Silvie Gena).
  • Clean opening and ending credits sequences.
  • List of all Kickstarter backers on the disc.
  • Liner Notes booklet containing interviews with Takanashi Minoru, Tomita Sukehiro, Mikimoto Haruhiko, Yatagai Ken'ichi, Honda Yasunori and Sasaki Shiro.
  • Folded printed insert containing a poster on one side and a list of backers on the other.
  • Reversible cover slip; can be configured between traditional and graphics-heavy presentation.
  • As with all our Blu-rays, the disc will not be region-locked.

Additional Features Being Developed
We can't 100% confirm these contents, but they will be added if rights clearances can be obtained.
  • English-language dub - we are almost certain we will be able to include this, but we can't absolutely guarantee it at this point.

Forty buckadingdongs gets you that basic BD; another thirty for an artbook; five more to wrap them both in a chipboard case; double that (so it's now US$150) to be listed as one of 80 Patrons on the second page of the loading screen; $250 to be a Prominent Patron on the first page; and you can add on the standard AnimEigo-issue embroidered campaign patch, a custom shikishi by HAL Mikimoto his own bad self; and/or a copy of a new limited-edition shikishi he's contemplating. And they've already unlocked a brand-new poster by his hand! Now how much would you pay?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mad...f=activity
(12-16-2023, 06:46 PM)Mamorien Wrote: Did AnimEigo do the original English release of this one? Somehow, I thought it was US Renditions.

It was originally USR, yes.

(12-16-2023, 06:46 PM)Mamorien Wrote: ... double that (so it's now US$150) to be listed as one of 80 Patrons on the second page of the loading screen; $250 to be a Prominent Patron on the first page; ...

All of the Patron packages were gone on the first day.

(Don't know whether I'm going to get this one - Macross II is non-canon, after all. But getting it shows there's still interest in the franchise...)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(12-16-2023, 07:14 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(12-16-2023, 06:46 PM)Mamorien Wrote: Did AnimEigo do the original English release of this one? Somehow, I thought it was US Renditions.

It was originally USR, yes.

Exceptional success with the Encyclopedic Knowledge Merit get! Smile So that makes it... *checks Woodhead's "Created" tab, gets memory jogged, checks Wikipedia * ...the second anime he's picked up that wasn't originally an AnimEigo release (as you can see at the link, MZ23 was released by Streamline in the 80s and 90s, then ADV in the 00s).
Well, noca already knows about this because I mentioned it on the Milliways discord, but for everyone else: 10¼ years after it funded, 9⅔ years after it was supposed to have delivered, five years after it inspired a card game based on designer Lee Garvin's hapless life, and 4½ years after that life came to a sudden and unfair end, Tales from the Floating Vagabond, the classic TRPG of high adventure and low comedy in a universe whose natural laws are out to lunch, has delivered its long-awaited, by-now-unexpected second edition! Pick up a Shtick! Cover yourself in Cheese, if you can stand the Stink! Punch Space Nazis! Thwart Simon Trask's desire to own literally everything! Tweak Solomon Crane's nose! Have no idea what I'm talking about if you haven't read the book, and that's okay! That number again:

https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/prod...nd-edition
It's only the second time Onyx Path have done this sort of thing! (The first was for a traditional printing of the Scion supplement Titanomachy and of its all-new second volume Titans Rising, which campaign I appear shamefully to have omitted from this thread.)

"James Bell, Crowdfunding Concierge, or else someone acting on his behalf, Wrote:Get ready Storypath fans! It's been several years since crowdfunding campaigns launched Scion Second Edition and the Trinity Continuum and both lines have flourished. But stock on those important core books has now sold through and it's time to reprint these foundational books for both game lines so that new players can use the rulebooks at the table and proudly display them on their shelves!

It's time for a Reprint Repro-A-GoGo!

New traditional print runs of Scion: Origin, the Trinity Continuum core rulebook, and Trinity Continuum: Æon, with some errata and clarifications applied. Plus, you can add on the other currently available fat-splats from those settings (Scion: Hero, Demigod, Dragon, and Masks of the Mythos; TC Aberrant, Adventure!, and the just-dropped Anima), and there's talk of more possible unlocks (like a traditional run for Trinity Continuum: Assassins), though no updates yet to say whether it's reached that point. If you want to hop on the train, it's here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/repri...o-a-gogo#/

(Which reminds me: as the 300-post mark is practically on top of us, as more and more of these campaigns are on IGG, BackerKit's own site, or even stranger places, I want to suggest that Part III be subtitled, or just plain titled, "Fund ALL the Crowds!")

Also, Joe Pekar, Orlando's leading purveyor of ginger good-girl art, launched his 14th project today!

Quote:This Kickstarter is for my new comic book: 'Blackthorne's Coven: Lily' which is a spin off story from my series, Brandi Bare. Introducing a brand new character named Lily, who has started down a path that leads her towards the resident witch of our little universe here, Ms. Blackthorne!

Lily is a (slightly frustrated) college art student, looking for more out of her life. Ms. Blackthorne is, to outward appearances the Dean of Foreign Studies. She also happens to be the resident witch on campus!

At the college library, Lily comes across a magical tome (which has had previous appearances in my other comics, like Redhead Tales 1 and 2). This will bring her into contact with Blackthorne, who is looking for that special someone to help with her sinister plans...

We'll also get a few cameo appearances from other characters from my comics, such as Brandi Bare and more. ?

The basic edition has 20 pages of art (including tasteful nudity), and the Adult edition (a first for Pekar) adds eight pages of smut! Now how much would you pay?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joe...f=activity
Less than three days left on a Steve Jackson Games Backerfit project:

Ogre Miniatures Set 4 is the fourth and final wave of Ogre minis. Set 4 includes over 80 high-quality plastic miniatures.

https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/ste...re-minis-4
There's a kickstarter for a reprinting of the Schlock Mercenary "Seventy Maxims for Maximally Effective Mercenaries"
https://www.backerkit.com/c/projects/hyp...t-launched
also available as an ass on or by itself, a wall poster listing all the Maxims
Bring Villains Inc. to a Movie Theater Near You

A feature length comedy about three henchpeople friends trying to break into the perilous world of super-villainy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tea...&utm_id=fb
After the death of their supervillain boss, low-level henchpeople Beatrix, Cain, and Harold are once again left jobless, penniless, and squatting in an abandoned grocery store. Unwilling to accept their underling cycle of poverty any longer, Beatrix devises a plan for them to strike out on their own and take over the world by any means necessary. But superheroes, competing baddies, and harsh union rules make the quest for evil success a treacherous journey.

Introducing "VILLAINS INC." a PG13 comedy sci-fi in theaters April 19th, 2024
the film is already made , the kickstarter is to raise money for advertising and making the digital drives/copies to send out to theatres