Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(North-)East Coast USA Snow Storm Thread

I love snow! It's either that or go nuts since I live in Michigan.

Bob, maybe you should try vacationing at South Padre Island, TX. The surf fishing out on Malaquite Beach (one of our National Parks) is quite good in December and January, and while a bit nippy the views are nice. (Think grass-tipped pale sand dunes and crashing gray surf with brown pelicans overhead and sand pipers at your feet.)
Not too cold for camping, either. Just bring some decent winter-rated gear. Best part? It's not really overcrowded. Drive down far enough and you can put at least a hundred yards between yourself and the next camper. Just make sure you bring a decent four-wheel drive - the sand gets pretty soft after the first couple miles from where the paved road ends. And no, they don't truck it in, either. South Padre Island is one big sandbar slowly moving away from the mainland.  (If you miss the snow enough, though, maybe you can build a snowman from wet sand. Wink
ETA: Awww man!  These pictures make me homesick! http://www.nps.gov/archive/pais/pphtml/ ... llery.html

Looks very pretty, BA, but I think I'll pass, thanks.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

robkelk Wrote:Ouch.

The email I just sent you can wait a few days, then...
If you haven't yet read that email, now's the time... with this amendment: "This Launch has been postponed because of the impending SNOW storm to Thursday March 4th!!!"

(The email was a heads-up about http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=66773]this. If anyone else is in NJ, feel free...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Oh, yeah, I read it, and this morning realized it was likely to be postponed. But thanks for the headsup anyway.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.