Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars

Only a little bit, Chris?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

This is just one of those things about this comic.

There are characters who have such sad things in their backgrounds, but they still, in their own little ways, manage to look on the bright side in spite of everything.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Berk Wrote:This is just one of those things about this comic.

There are characters who have such sad things in their backgrounds, but they still, in their own little ways, manage to look on the bright side in spite of everything.
And look cool while doing it.
(What? Yuuna's hot. So?)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Rumors and crossed wires, to begin with.
Ayaka... has either gotten less-than-completely accurate information, has (as she does) managed to completely misinterpret accurate information... or maybe, just maybe, she's not blabbing everything she's found out.  (Which would be massively out of character, so probably not.)
Meanwhile... Negi confronts his inner Kyuubi!
Negi is only now beginning to understand the sheer magnitude of his problem.  And I'm not talking about Magia Erebea Smile
--Sam
"And where were we all trapped? I'll tell you where Arthur. In the belly
of love! Love chum, LOVE!"

Haven't caught up on this yet, but...

Valles Wrote:I really don't think Nodoka would accept 'winning' by default like that. She admires Yue too much.

... I would have said "She loves Yue too much."

-Morgan.

Quote:... I would have said "She loves Yue too much."

Well, yes, but she wouldn't put it that way, would she? ^_^
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Ahhh Akira-san *sigh*....Negi you lucky bastard!
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Chisame using the term "He's starting with that natural gigolo talk again!" makes me giggle.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Valles Wrote:Only a little bit, Chris?
Yes, just a little bit. I won't let it get in the way of my all-consumng adoration of Chisame-sama.
Love Akira a little bit too, now. (And suspect she's our third canon lesbian. The way she got embarrassed about admitting that she thinks Ako is pretty ...)
Chris Davies. 

Valles Wrote:
Quote:... I would have said "She loves Yue too much."

Well, yes, but she wouldn't put it that way, would she? ^_^

I didn't realize it was supposed to be a way she'd put it. '.'

That being said, the chain of evens that would lead to her putting it that way would be awesome.

-Morgan.
Poor Ako.
That syringe is DEEPLY DISTURBING.  Do we have a backup healer?
Yuuna's card... is that a 3WA battle bikini + badass longcoat? o.O;
Makie... pretty much what we expected.
Someone's gonna have to give Negi The Talk soonish...
--Sam
"Comfort, commitment, marriage.  What do these things have in common?  The letter C.  ...Except for marriage."

...Whoever translated this issue is most definitely not a native English speaker. Some pretty awful grammar/usage glitches there.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Agreed. But, hey, one gets what one pays for...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Evil Midnight Lurker Wrote:Poor Ako.
That syringe is DEEPLY DISTURBING.  Do we have a backup healer?
Yuuna's card... is that a 3WA battle bikini + badass longcoat? o.O;
Makie... pretty much what we expected.
Someone's gonna have to give Negi The Talk soonish...
--Sam
"Comfort, commitment, marriage.  What do these things have in common?  The letter C.  ...Except for marriage."
          Not for another 2-4 years physically...temporally otoh....*snicker*

*looks BFS*
           That looks like an enema syringe..
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Negi is still locked in savage combat with fake-Eva and/or himself.
The Heart of the Cards is his only hope!
Tsukuyomi doubts Fate's commitment to the plan, which is odd as I hadn't thought she was in this for any plan beyond killin' things.  For his part, Fate claims he's nothing but unalterable commitment without a soul.
...And the only reason she hasn't tried to kill him before is that he wasn't interesting.  Man, Tsuku-tan's fucked up.
"The Averruncus of Earth/Ground."  Might other Fates have different specialties then?
Tsuku-tan stepped just a wee bit over the line there.  And the conflict finally brings the Adorable Minions onto the scene.
...Fate reminds me of a somewhat better adjusted Kahran Ramsus.  Wake up, smell the coffee, and notice that you have a damn harem. Smile
--Sam
"You don't eat crackers in the bed of your destiny!"

So... Negi works on controlling his inner Heartless, while Fate demonstrates the inherent paradox of a Nobody?
I wonder what the actual word was. The scanalation translated what Fate and Tsu said Fate lacks as "heart", but you're saying soul. There's no really deep reason besides that, for fun, I try to see which series use systems of metaphysics that are compatible with Kingdom Hearts. The scariest one I've thought of is Evangelion, which fits all but perfectly.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I find it funny that, in true Shonen sensibility, Fate is only capable of his best when motivated by Negi(or in this case, the thought of Negi). Hence why Tsukiyomi has half a chance of holding her own.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

I didn't see a card with "I" on it in that spread; is there one? Asuna's, perhaps?
-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:I didn't see a card with "I" on it in that spread; is there one? Asuna's, perhaps?
The numbers on the cards are the numbers on the Seating Chart.  Sayo's no. 1 in perpetuity.
--Sam
"Oh, there's crime here.  I can smell it."

Oh, wow. I never realized that. Thanks. I was thinking that perhaps they might have been kissing order, but I didn't look into it too closely.
-- Bob
---------

Countdown to Defeat Equals Friendship begins

Also, careful with that "natural gigolo talk", Negi! You'll pinion Eva through her blackened shriveled heart. :lol

I'm also very amused to see someone finally say "yeah, you're a demon, but you're not that bad" to her though. Even if it's just a projection.
---
waste."

I see an incoming befriending...
-- Bob
---------

Ah, man... another break? So soon after the last one?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I imagine that the mass befriending that is coming is probably hard to actually draw all at once.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Kurt and Takamichi deem the situation bad enough to tolerate each other. Heavy.
EVERYONE is gathering.  World Crisis II looms -- not ten or twenty years from now, as they'd thought, but NOW now.
And they're all desperate for the aid of Ala Alba.  Nervous much?
Negi takes time to explain everything -- well, nearly everything -- to his assembled crew, I mean class.  They're behind him all the way, of course.
...The magical storm here is so intense that the fallen islands of old Ostia have re-levitated.  Wonder if that'll stick?
Fake!Asuna appears to be having a dialogue with herself, much to the consternation of those who haven't been informed.
...Get through the barrier, enter the Gravekeepers' Palace from below, then dungeon-crawl all the way up.  Nodoka-chan had better take point on this one.
Everything's going well, people are getting ready, OH CRAP IT'S TSUKUYO--thud.
DO.  NOT.  FUCK.  WITH.  CLASS.  3-A.  Not even if you're a psycho hell-bitch swordschick.  Just don't.
--Sam
"Roof pig! Most unexpected."