Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars

I nearly fell out of my chair when the page 13 first-panel chart designates opponents by terms such as, "Space-Time No Underwear Duo" and, quite appropriately, "Perverted Four-Eyed Human Slicer."
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Of course, now that chart is all messed up as of the last couple pages.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Because the four-eyed pervert is currently getting the shit choked out of her?  Well, yeah, but it was the humor of the names given that struck me.  The "No Underwear Duo" in particular; they're never gonna live down what Rakan did to them.
-----

Hell hath no fury like an ESL teacher who has had just about enough of all this crap.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Of course, now that Negi's negated Tsukiyomi's surprise round, they'll swap out party members so that Konoka and Setsuna can take her shit down hard. Big Grin
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Tsukuyomi will have none of this surrender crap.  Wait, didn't Negi break her sword last week?
Good grief, Negi's a Logia fruit user?!  He cares not for violations of bodily integrity!  ...Remind me never to use the word "violation" again when discussing this manga. x.x;
Tsuku is both batshit crazy AND not well aware of the AA's capabilities.  Threatening No-chan is CONTRAINDICATED.
ROKKETTO.... PAAAAAAANCH!
After being blasted straight through one floaty rock and into another, Tsuku is... really, really turned on. n.n;  Sorry kid, I'm not in this for money, I really do love murdering people, get used to the concept.  But you're on my Do Not Kill list, so I'll leave you with a message from Fate: "I'm waiting."  Like we didn't know that?
She then uses one of the Keys to summon a bigass demon horde.  Run away!
Negi stays behind to hold off the majority of the swarm, while the ships head toward the Palace.  Much carnage is had.  ...Fake!Asuna is really feeling down -- both of her.  The Asuna personality seems to have achieved independent existence, I hope something can be done for her.
The first stage of the final battle has begun...!
--Sam
"Smells like danger. Or heavily fried food."

Berk Wrote:Hell hath no fury like an ESL teacher who has had just about enough of all this crap.
Looks like they heard you - that chapter's translation was grammatically acceptable.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:
Berk Wrote:Hell hath no fury like an ESL teacher who has had just about enough of all this crap.

Looks like they heard you - that chapter's translation was grammatically acceptable.
Not quite what I meant, but I did notice that.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Great Udo Jin-e has a descendant.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

It's been said that there's a special someone for everyone. I find it kind of comforting knowing that we've now found the woman for Conrad Bland. (Slightly paraphrased from a letter reprinted in an early ElfQuest -- the writer felt Winnowill was the woman for Darth Vader.)  
-----
Return of the bad scanslation!
500,000 shadow gargoyle demons approaching!  MM natives don't dare get near the battlefield!  The situation is grave!
Haru: CHAAAAAAAARGE! Smile
The Ala Alba ships approach the reactor shaft!  But its defenders are huge -- INTERRUPTING SWORD. Negi is back!
The Gravekeepers' Palace is in sight!  Which means that they're in sight of Fate.  Who is mightily pissed and maybe a bit surprised.
The Palace's upper portion is protected by the MILLION SWORDS OF HATE.  Submerge!
AND THEY'RE IN.  But there's an enemy waiting for--
what is this i don't even
--Sam
"Is this a warm moment or should we be disturbed?"

I think this has just gone into Hard Mode...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Well, looks like with everything else going down, we're finally going to learn something about the last enigma in the class register...
-- Bob
---------

Hm. I think that...

*counts*

Space-Time No Underwear Duo, Murderous Sound-Wave Girl, Head-Over-Heels Fake Asuna...

Yeah.

That makes five Adorable Minions.

(Tsuku's not adorable, no matter what her fashion-sense is like.)
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Entertainingly, I'm recalling the page just before the Gateport Incident, when Fate's core party showed up. There were four people there: Fate himself, Tsukuyomi, Dynamis, and a fourth, unidentified black cloak that stayed out of the fight until casting the spell that force-teleported Al Alba all across Mundus Magicus.

Given height and build, said black cloak COULD possibly be Zazie...

Which, given it's been demonstrated that Fate is pretty much set up for a heel-face turn, could mean she's been participating of her own accord the entire time.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

IIRC, Zazie was back at Mahora campus when Eva was complaining about being bored and dressing everyone up.

Well, then we know the portal under the Library works...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Or she can walk it without needing a gate. After all, we know very little to nothing about her powers, right now - if Ops is right, teleportation would be about the only confirmed one.
===========

She can see Sayo, as I recall, and she hangs out with creatures that look like they come from Spirited Away. Which certainly has some strong implications.
-- Bob
---------

... what?

Chris Davies.

...moo?
so... is mysterious robed kid there the Mage of the Beginning?  Another Fate?
And... maybe the Spirited Away blobs are the effect of Zazie's Pactio?  Got nothin' else.
--Sam
"This is graveness.  Oedipus is hurt and last night I almost had a lucid moment."

Not so much a WHAM! installment as a Wham? one... Although despite all the argument it does appear she really is Zazie, at least according to the pactio card... unless, of course, Zazie is a collective name or surname or something...
-- Bob
---------

(DavidTennant)

WHOT?

(/DavidTennant)
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

So, borrowing an observation made by Stormgear in chat just now, which I find myself in agreement with...
Hi, Chao!
===========

...Oh holy crap you're right. o.O;
--Sam
"This is what we call the denouement.  That's French for 'when we beat up the supervillain.'"