Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahou Sensei Negima Thread: A Fighting Shota of Mars

Now, now... Martians never lie. (One of them told us so.) More likely that's Chao's ancestor.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Going theory I've seen elsewhere is that is Zect.

Akamatsu has done very few people with that peculiar sort of eye, and Nagi's master was one of them.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

The only problem with the Zect theory is that he got disintegrated by the Mage Of The Beginning out of spite just after Nagi beat him. Admittedly, given Nodoka's hinted the Key of the Lifemaker can resurrect those destroyed by it, it's possible...
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

We don't know what happened to Zect.

If Zect was, in fact, a demon, a little thing like a giant ball of expanding plasma wouldn't have killed him. Sent him home, certainly, but it's been noted that it takes extraordinary effort, like the Executioner's Sword, to actually destroy a demon.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Next one is up at OneManga
Get it while you can.

Why do they always try that? It never works.

Gesture to tradition?
We're gonna have to find a new site...
--Sam
"We are a hedge.  Please move along."

We could use MangaFox. Link
On a meta level, a lotus eater trap is a good way to show character growth and changes in priorities. 
In world?  I imagine most people don't have the strength of will needed to reject something like that.  It's only when it's used on people with heroic willpower that it fails. 
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:In world?  I imagine most people don't have the strength of will needed to reject something like that.  It's only when it's used on people with heroic willpower that it fails.

I'd expect it to *always* fail sooner or later due to inability to get the details right.

Mind you, there'd probably be some people who'd decide they didn't want to get out, but that's a different issue.

-Morgan.

The trick of the Lotus Eater Trap is that it's expressly designed to entrap 'average' people, thus, typical people would be helpless against it. Of course, these always show up in situations where the protagonist is hardly average.

Sad to say, if I was handed my ideal world, I seriously doubt I'd be able to shake it off.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

One last time ...
... and no idea how long it'll stay up. Probably just today.
Chris Davies.

- Apparently the only reason that Negi's been as successful as a Memetic Sex God as he has is because his dad wasn't around to steal the spotlight.

- Setsuna's Perfect World is exactly what everyone expected, but *holy shit*, Konoka. @_@

- And the Zazie outside is not actually Zazie but her identical twin sister. I think. Maybe.

Also, let's see which ones we can identify amongst the "Perfect Worlds"

Konoka: She and Setsuna are happy friends as far back as childhood

Setsuna: Hot Wife Konoka Fantasy

Chamo: PANTIES! GLORIOUS PANTIES!

Ako: On a date with Nagi-san

Akira: Sitting around talking with Negi

Ku-Fei: "Negi-bozuo, I CHALLENGE YOU."

Kotarou: Negi and Kotarou, Bash Brothers Forever

Yue: Sitting around with her grandfather, who did not die.

Nodoka: Sitting around with Negi and Yue together

Not!AsunaWhoseNameIForget: Being together with Negi and Fate, and in her real form.

Chachamaru: Supporting both Negi and Eva

Mana: Back with....possibly the old mage her deactivated pactio is with? She's much younger(see flat chest and height), and I don't recognize him.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote:Konoka: She and Setsuna are happy friends as far back as childhood
Setsuna: Hot Wife Konoka Fantasy

If I had money, it would be saying that you have these two backwards. ^_^
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

OpMegs Wrote:Setsuna's Perfect World is exactly what everyone expected, but *holy shit*, Konoka. @_@
You say that as if it's a bad thing.

Okay, so that outfit on a 14-year-old is a bit much... but she looks four years older than she is and (more importantly) isn't real, right?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Time to switch to Mangafox for the next chapter ...
And truly, what lack of genre savvyness. Everyone knows it never, ever works on the hero.

I think the problem that many people keep running into is, they're assuming that Negi has a breaking point.

At this point, I think Negi has demonstrated that not only is his body Made of Iron, his spirit is too.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

What nobody realizes is that Negi+class = collective entity, and any effect upon one of them is spread out across all of them, lessening its overall effect.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Fate... is the cross-universe reincarnation of Neji Hyuuga.
I want to kick his face in too. Smile
--Sam
"Oo -- evil thought!"

And Chisame proves she actually loves the weirdness in her life, followed by demonstrating her genre savvy-ness.

Oh Fate... You keep failing to understand Negi's innate awesomeness. It's going to make the asskicking you're about to get even more satisfying Smile

Eh. I've found him a boring character pretty much from the beginning. I just want him to go away.

Negi's comment on page 14 is awesome.

-Morgan. There's already a much more interesting character named Fate! >.>

Morganni Wrote:-Morgan. There's already a much more interesting character named Fate! >.>
Well, this one is also about to get the crap befriended out of him.  There's such balance in nature... Smile
--Sam
"Then I'll just have to use my hellish powers to get you to listen!"

More and more, I suspect that the whole "meeting of fists in battle" thing is going to be subverted when Negi realizes Fate has his own responsibilities just like Negi does.

And then Fate'll be yanked around the Heel Face Turn by his morality chain of adorable minions.
---
waste."

On rereading... there's something more than I realized going on here.
Think about it: so far as we know, the Original Timeline is Chao's future... in which Cosmo Entelechia must not have succeeded.  Why didn't they?  Maybe they didn't realize the collapse was coming in time... maybe Fate was imprisoned and unable to affect matters...?
But why has that now changed?  Fate's statement that the future is unalterable really means that the destruction of MM is (in his opinion) unstoppable; he's trying to save everyone the only way he thinks possible, and he thinks he can.  And he clearly KNOWS what will happen on Mars over the next century.
Chao, you clever devil, just how long have you really been tinkering?  And how many backup plans have you set in motion, in this Xanatos Gambit to end them all...?
--Sam
"Gravity is a harsh mistress."

Lurker's got a really good point here.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

In that case, I'm starting to wonder just how old Chao really is -- no way in hell is she just 15, unless there's some huge organization that selected, trained and dispatched her.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.