Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) See It In A Theater Near You

I just got back from the movie showing (the one in Windsor, Ontario).  It was Awesome!  They even played it with the subs!
Big Grin
Also, on a semi-related note, as a guy sitting near me in the theater told me, amazon.com's pre-order page for Evangelion 2.22 dvd is currently messed up, so it is currently available for 57% off.  $12.99 plus shipping.  Here's a link.  No idea how long that will last though.
So glad I went. Big Grin
Edit:
There's also a FLCL dvd box set for 47% off.  Neat!
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

AWWW fuck.
I knew there was something I planned to do today...
---------------
Epsilon

Most of the showings start tomorrow, and not all of them are one night only deals, so you might still have a chance. Can't hurt to look, right?

Note:
Jorlem denies any and all responsibility for any possible loss of SAN points caused by looking at things related to Evangelion.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Jorlem Wrote:Also, on a semi-related note, as a guy sitting near me in the theater told me, amazon.com's pre-order page for Evangelion 2.22 dvd is currently messed up, so it is currently available for 57% off.  $12.99 plus shipping.  Here's a link.  No idea how long that will last though.
I don't think it's a glitch, Jorlem.  Right now, they're also selling Evangelion 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone on Blu-Ray at 56% off - US$15.49 + shipping.  Link here.

Yeah, I found that later. I'm still kind of surprised at seeing it for almost 60% off, and that triggered my 'that can't be right' reflex. They are having a sale on anime, but most of those seem to be up to 47%, so I thought someone had typoed in a five instead of a four. Doesn't matter though, it's an awesome price either way.
-----

Tell me about it. I was about to order a Kindle cover anyway, so I just threw 2.22 in for good measure.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Well, that's nice of them. The price for 2.22 has gone down to $9.99, and amazon's lowered the price on the copy I preordered. That's a pleasant surprise.
-----

2.0 is going to be showing in a few more cities, now including Chicago and Detroit, among others. Take a look, if there wasn't one near you before, there might be one now: http://www.funimation.com/evangelion/
-----

..... AAAAAAUUUUGGGHH! San Antonio! TBA! And I JUST got here for terminal leave, too! WOO-HOO! (^O^) V

It's coming to DC too! Now I'll just hope its for a week or so, instead of just a coupla days. ^__^

Make sure to double check the dates with the listed theater. The date listed on Funimation's page for my local showing of 1.0 is currently off by a day.
-----