The next batch of Videos are up!!!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

This makes me bothlaugh... and glad I don't get that BS here Tongue

In response:

-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Damn right.

Oh, I like that. (And "Cup of Brown Joy", which comes up at the end among the suggestions, as well...)
-- Bob
---------

Hrm... I am now envisioning a suitably steam punk computer... And the keyboard should have started life as an antique typewriter with lots of fiddly little bits added on to give it the authentic steam punk look. The mouse can be a truly ginormous trackball (like the ones used on Missile Defense and Packman arcade machines). The monitor can be a flat-screen cleverly disguised as an ancient and ludicrously bulbous CRT. In fact, you can probably hide the computer itself in there as well.

I thought about doing a typewriter to computer keyboard conversion once, but I didn't want to sully a perfectly wonderful -and still functional- Underwood No.5. A suitable IBM Selectric on the other hand, I'd contemplate converting and steampunk up. Just add brass, wood and a air of complete disregard to health and safety....

blackaeronaut Wrote:Hrm... I am now envisioning a suitably steam punk computer... And the keyboard should have started life as an antique typewriter with lots of fiddly little bits added on to give it the authentic steam punk look. The mouse can be a truly ginormous trackball (like the ones used on Missile Defense and Packman arcade machines). The monitor can be a flat-screen cleverly disguised as an ancient and ludicrously bulbous CRT. In fact, you can probably hide the computer itself in there as well.
Something like this?
I actually saw something similar at the World Steam Expo last year, but I don't have any pictures at hand.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Quote:Something like this?
Very nice. However, before this interesting digression takes over the thread, maybe it should move to its own topic?
-- Bob
---------

Woot, I derailed a Thread! XD

Seasonal Video
Well, I'm sure folks remember this from ... hm. Last year, or the year before? I can't remember.

-- Bob
---------

Big Grin

HOLY SHIT. THEY GOT CHUCK NORRIS, TOO!?!?!

... And I hope that the Governator gets more than just a few minutes of screen time.

No action movie can beat Airwolfski

This has been stuck in my head for about a week. I will now inflict it on you all.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

One of the most famous derp RP stories. Tongue

Whoa. This brings back memories.
I stumbled over this entirely by accident while Googling for something different (but tangentially related). A little background, first: I was a member of the Princeton Triangle Club when I was in college -- not a performer, although I probably could have eked out a small role here or there had I worked at it, but as a writer. The sketch below comes from the very first Triangle Club show I wrote for -- 1982's Stocks and Bondage.

(No, I didn't write this, I was -- if you can imagine it -- the lyricist half of a songwriting team. This sketch was actually written by Louis Bayard '85, who's now a respected novelist.)

Anyway, this sketch became a classic, and as far as I know has been performed every year since as part of the free Freshman Week show that's put on to attract new members to the club. This clip appears to be from one such show, given the audience reactions, which over three decades have became almost as standardized as the Rocky Horror Picture Show's audience participation "script".

Have fun.

-- Bob
---------

I'll just... leave this here:

Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

*watches the trailer*

. . . I need a time machine. . .

.... *Gets the phone and dials a number.*

"Hello, Dr. Who? ... Do you make house calls?"
This should be here
http://blackacrebrewing.com/home/
When they ask if you are under 21 - say yes.  Don't worry, your IQ will have dropped to this level by the time it is finished.