Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
See 'Yamato 2199' episodes #3-6 subtitled!

Okay, in episode 6...the Yamato doubles as a sub as well?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Gotta adapt to three dimensions. Hell yes I would stick a ventrally mounted VLS system in there, and make doubly-damn sure I'd be able to get a target lock from the ventral sensors (though in this case the missiles are being spotted in). The fact that this makes the Yamato appear as a submarine... cheerful happenstance. Wink

Oh, and nice touch with putting a VLS in the smoke stack. That is inspired.

The really astonishing thing about the real Yamato's damage-soaking performance? She took all those torpedoes despite systematic problems in her underwater protection - bad welds, excessively 'brittle' design, gaps between the torpedo bulkheads and main belt, and so on.

So yeah. Given what we've seen the starship Yamato's hull take without shearing something critical, I don't have any trouble believing she'd be combat ready in the space of the 'lull' in the Pluto fight.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

One simple fact in those scenes of chaos throughout the ship actually made it plain that the damage wasn't as bad as it might seem at first glance:  they never lost artificial gravity.  The freakin' ship was upside down the whole time, but you couldn't tell it from the inside scenes alone!
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

blackaeronaut Wrote:Gotta adapt to three dimensions. Hell yes I would stick a ventrally mounted VLS system in there, and make doubly-damn sure I'd be able to get a target lock from the ventral sensors (though in this case the missiles are being spotted in). The fact that this makes the Yamato appear as a submarine... cheerful happenstance. Wink

You may had noted Okita's shout-out to Gunther Prien and all other U-boat commanders when he turned his captains cap backwards to look at the periscope.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Valles Wrote:The really astonishing thing about the real Yamato's damage-soaking performance? She took all those torpedoes despite systematic problems in her underwater protection - bad welds, excessively 'brittle' design, gaps between the torpedo bulkheads and main belt, and so on.

So yeah. Given what we've seen the starship Yamato's hull take without shearing something critical, I don't have any trouble believing she'd be combat ready in the space of the 'lull' in the Pluto fight.
I have to wonder about their damage control parties training though. That has always been a problem for the IJN.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

blackaeronaut Wrote:Gotta adapt to three dimensions. Hell yes I would stick a ventrally mounted VLS system in there, and make doubly-damn sure I'd be able to get a target lock from the ventral sensors (though in this case the missiles are being spotted in). The fact that this makes the Yamato appear as a submarine... cheerful happenstance. Wink

Yeah - the VLS in the smokestack.
Hee...! ^_^
I just have to say - I'm getting such a KICK out of seeing completely NEW reactions from new fans about stuff that I almost don't even register anymore, it's so familiar to me. But yes - you have reminded me that I had much the same reaction way back in the day. ^_^

Wheee, yeah. So. Watched the live-action movie last night, just for gits and shiggles. Was lots of fun.

Have seen 1-4 of 2199 so far. Got 5 and 6 queued up for tonight, I think.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

sub/d? who did you buy that from?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Star Ranger4 Wrote:sub/d? who did you buy that from?
If you can find fansubs, Star, I think it'd be within the bounds of legality.  Yamato 2199 TV hasn't been licensed here in the US yet.

The DVDs come with English Subtitles as an option already, so I've heard.

Been watching fansubs, I have, yes.

The LA movie was pretty good, I do have to say. Very different story after they compressed everything to under 2 hours, but still.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Yes, I can confirm that the Japanese DVD/Bluray release of Yamato 2199 has English subtitles. Also that the live action movie's Australian release has English subs too.