Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney Buys Lucasfilm, SW Ep.7 targeted for 2015

ECSNorway Wrote:
Kurisu Wrote:Kevin J. Anderson's books would be a nice consideration....
... I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic, or simply assessing the likely tendencies of Hollywood Idiocy....
Can't I mean both?
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

Considering that female warriors in the Disney universe had made their appearance, a female title lead character would not be out of place.
Sateele Shan, perhaps?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Jorlem Wrote:Given it says episode 7, I'm thinking continuation, but wondering if they might decide to do a generation later thing. I kinda doubt that they'll be able to pick up immediately where 6 left off, and Luke in an Obi Wan type role would be cool.
Back when George Lucas originally came up with the "first movie is actually episode 4" thing, he was talking about making three trilogies with the first trilogy a generation before (which ended up happening) and the third trilogy a generation after. Of course Lucas is also really big on revisionist history, and the sequel trilogy got dropped down the memory hole somewhere along the line, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who remembers that.

I just hope they don't end up making spaceships look like oil refineries on the inside, like the ships from the 2009 Star Trek...

You're not the only one who remembers it. I recall wondering what the hell had happened to movies 7-9 when the prequel trilogy was billed as "completing" the Star Wars saga.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Welp, here's confirmation.  The EU has gone the way of Alderaan.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Aim the superlaser at the Vong and Jacen Solo please.

*THOOM!*

Thank you.

Matrix Dragon Wrote:Aim the superlaser at the Vong and Jacen Solo please.
*THOOM!*
Thank you.
Unfortunately (from my point of view, at least), it sounds as if it's also been aimed at Thrawn, Pellaeon, Mara Jade, and the Hand of Judgment.  Time will tell if we're back to a simplistic "Empire bad; Rebels good" narrative.

-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

DHBirr Wrote:
Matrix Dragon Wrote:Aim the superlaser at the Vong and Jacen Solo please.
*THOOM!*
Thank you.
Unfortunately (from my point of view, at least), it sounds as if it's also been aimed at Thrawn, Pellaeon, Mara Jade, and the Hand of Judgment.  Time will tell if we're back to a simplistic "Empire bad; Rebels good" narrative.

And the tales of Wraith Squadron with their 'Ewok' pilot. Actually, I think or more hope that lot of EU craziness stays in. But the Vong....DBZ them.....

--Rod.H
"Yub, yub, Commander."

Good. Burn the EU to the ground.
---
Jon
"And that must have caused my dad's brain to break in half, replaced by a purely mechanical engine of revenge!"