Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Trailers Thread

some fan-made 'modern style'  movie trailers for the original Star Wars trilogy

Hmmm; if I ever saw the original trailers for the trilogy, I don't remember it, so I'm unable to judge the difference between 'modern style' and old.  Still, these are ... interesting.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

looking through Youtube provides:

Ah.  Mooses gracious.  Ummm, a bit heavy on the voiceover in those days, weren't they?  In a world ... where less is more ... a few trailer voiceover artists ... need to not talk so much.  (With apologies to Don LaFontaine.)
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Wow.  It's got to have been forty years since I saw that trailer (the first one).  Suddenly, Hardware Wars seems even more on target than I remember:

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

You know, I'm kinda in shock this hasn't turned up already...

Thor: Ragnarok teaser trailer.

[Image: thor-and-medusa-sml.jpg]
http://modestmedusa.com/
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

I spotted a scene at 1:04 that seems to echo Skurge the Executioner's last stand from the comics. (well his last stand 'alive', his performance there earned him a place in Valhalla)

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
RE: The Trailers Thread
Wow.  Eight months since anything got posted here?  Gotta fix that.

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Anyone know or hear anything about this?  It looks like someone's trying to boot up their own cinematic superhero universe.

And we saw this in the previews before The Last Jedi yesterday:

-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Ninjak has been around since 1993, according to Wikipedia.

<sarcasm> Not a Batman expy at all, no sir.</sarcasm>
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

I'm looking forward to this one, especially since the Wasp is my personal favorite Avenger! Cool
Why, HELLOOOOOOOO KITTY!
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
I stumbled across this in a commentary video on the trailer, but while Evangeline Lilly is playing Hope Van Dyne, Janet Van Dyne will be played by Michelle Pfeiffer! (And yeah, that means she gets rescued from the quantum realm somehow.)
-- Bob

well, there was a brief bit that looked like a van 'driving' thru the quantum realm...

EDIT to add:
Netflix seems to be queuing up some interesting possibilities...

-- Bob

-- Bob

-- Bob

Rehash after rehash...

Pan came out in 2015, though.
Whoops -- I missed that detail. The trailer came up in the list of recommendations when I was retrieving the other two, and I didn't look at the date. Thanks for the info.
-- Bob