Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Trailers Thread
RE: The Trailers Thread
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Two thoughts on The House with a Clock in Its Walls:

First, oh how I wish someone would do a good adaption of Bellairs' The Face in the Frost.

Second, I had a sudden weird notion of showing Harry, Ron, and Hermione this trailer and seeing their reactions.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."

In case it doesn't work, the movie is Meg (starring Jason Statham)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_K_Kg2iqvY
Videos ought to embed properly now.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
They're going to need a bigger boat. And research station.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Can anyone explain to me what a 10-year-old is doing on what appears to be a deep sea research station?
-- Bob

(04-12-2018, 07:50 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Can anyone explain to me what a 10-year-old is doing on what appears to be a deep sea research station?

her parents are scientists/crewmembers and it's a long term assignment?

this is the description under the video on Youtube:
Quote:After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.
(04-12-2018, 07:50 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Can anyone explain to me what a 10-year-old is doing on what appears to be a deep sea research station?

Apparently, she's cosplaying as a fairy.

Too literal?

Perhaps this is an Evil Overlord's base and she's the small child that the Evil Overlord runs his plans by to discover the obvious flaws, as per Rule 12. (I know Rule 12 says " an average five-year-old child". I blame Dawson Casting.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(06-05-2018, 09:25 PM)Norgarth Wrote:

From what I see in the trailer, it looks like this is true to the original story. That's rare nowadays.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown

Edit to add:

-- Bob

A Few Comic-con Releases

-- Bob

Actually, I don't know that the Alita trailer actually showed at Comic-con, but it turned up while I was getting the others, so...
-- Bob

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Ha! So is Harley now the DC version of Deadpool?
-- Bob

Looking at the Alita trailer...

...I love the aesthetic, but I'm kinda worried that JC is going more for the anime storyline than the manga. There was no real law or order to the Scrapyard, and the Factories rarely got involved with anything - mostly they just put out bounties on people that were too much of a disruption. The only time they did get involved was when Zappan got ahold of the Berserker Body after Professor Nova unlocked the nanomachine colony it contained.

Though that would be okay if this movie is intended as a one-off, but not to me. A one-off just wouldn't be the Battle Angel I know. The one I know is an epic-level saga that could take as many as six or eight feature length films to cover, Each one covering a story arc from the mangas and each one leaving hook for the next film. But I don't think JC is laying the proper groundwork for that saga.

EDIT: