Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Cursed Thread" of 2018
RE: The "Cursed Thread" of 2018
Marie Severin, artist and colorist for Marvel Comics and EC Comics, who despite a career lasting from 1949 to 2007 seems to have been virtually unknown. This despite working on many of their flagship titles and being the co-creator of such characters as the original Spider-Woman, Tigra and the Living Tribunal.

Check out her Wikipedia page.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Carole Shelley has passed on: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Ca...9-20180901
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2018/09/0...s-aged-74/

The Actress who played Servalan, one of the great sci-fi villains.
(09-04-2018, 01:51 AM)Jinx999 Wrote: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2018/09/0...s-aged-74/

The Actress who played Servalan, one of the great sci-fi villains.

Gotta love what she's quoted at the article's end as once saying, even though it was highly inappropriate to say it in front of a room full of children as she did:

Quote:'Sorry I’m late, I was up all night f---ing a Russian priest.'
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
Jalaluddin Haqqani, founder of the Taliban's "Haqqani network". And that's all I'll say about this posting.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(01-15-2018, 01:29 PM)SilverFang01 Wrote: Dolores O'Riordan, singer of the Cranberries has passed away: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42696376

The coroner's inquest has finally reported. Accidental drowning after "excessive drinking".
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Burt Reynolds
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Rapper Mac Miller died of an apparent overdose.
Rachid Taha, Algerian singer, died of a heart attack.
RIP Bill Daily, last Tuesday.

AFAIK, he was never a headline star, but he "also starred" in I Dream of Jeannie and The Bob Newhart Show.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
He was one of those actors you always knew when you saw him, no matter what role or show. And a great comic actor.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
RIP Clay Riddell, oil baron, philanthropist, and co-owner of the Calgary Flames.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
She died on the 5th, but the obituary only appeared in the Washington Post on the 16th:

At 14, she was killing Nazis in the Netherlands.  

The fact that they'd "stroll into the woods" with a 14-year-old girl — who looked 12 or younger, according to the article — says something about how "fine" those "very fine people" were.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RIP Alan Abel, professional practical jokester. As far as I know, he's the only person ever to have the New York Times run two obituaries about him - one in 1980, and his actual obituary last week.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Arthur Mitchell, pioneering black ballet dancer, dies at 84
-- Bob

Jefferson Airplane Co-Founder Marty Balin Dead at 76
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Steven Hawking's grave
http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/...6nro11.jpg
(09-28-2018, 10:44 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Steven Hawking's grave
http://uberhumor.com/wp-content/uploads/...6nro11.jpg
Very cool.
-- Bob

Blues guitarist Otis Rush
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...ad-731136/
Famous French singer Charles Aznavour died today. He was 94.
RIP Peggy Sue Gerron

Buddy Holly wrote a song - sorry, two songs about her.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Juan Romero, the busboy photographed holding RFK as he died in 1968, has himself died.
-- Bob

(04-21-2018, 05:20 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Verne Troyer, age 49.
Quote:... and apparently his family's formal announcement effectively called it a suicide.

Confirmed -- his death has been ruled as suicide via alcohol.
-- Bob

Celeste Yarnall, who wooed Elvis Presley on screen, captivated audiences on “Star Trek” and made pulses race as “the original flower child” in the 1968 cult classic “Eve,” has passed away at age 74, Fox News learned Wednesday
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

RIP Will Vinton, Oscar- and Emmy-winning claymation animator possibly best known for the California Raisins commercials.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown