Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XII
EDIT: Ninja'd!

The way I've seen it implemented on other website is as a search system. Instead of a tag cloud, you start typing in a search bar and a Google-like autocomplete populates in a drop-box below. Additionally, you could look through an actual listing of tags. On websites where the tag system is more directly managed these usually double as a glossary for said tags.

Additionally, in these implementations, the tags specific to that page show up near the top, so a troper doing research knows right off whether this is the trope they're looking for, or another troper doing a readthrough notices that a tag is either needed or superfluous.

I'll be honest. The best implementation for this system that I've seen thus far is a hentai manga site called tsumino.com. Their advanced search lets you not only choose tags to include in a search, but also tags to reject. Perhaps they might be willing to share the code they use for that system?

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XII - by Black Aeronaut - 09-25-2018, 04:08 PM