Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XII
Also, it's not "lowbrow-vs-highbrow" -- the Three Stooges have an absolutely massive set of pages, but they're influential, they're culturally significant. Decades after the last of them died and they're still recognized by the general public, and their comedy is part of the cultural vocabulary. They deserve all the coverage we can give them. It's just that... I know it goes against the "no notability" ethic of the wiki, but in the months of going through the Creator pages, I have grown sick and tired of seeing great artists, performers and writers getting three-sentence stub pages while YouTubers no one's ever heard of get a half-dozen or dozen pages documenting every second of the five three-minute videos that comprise their entire oeuvre.

I just wish I could find someone like the person or people who had the energy to document every last damn professional wrestler and redirect their energy to the artists, musicians and authors who really deserve an entry pimp juggernaut.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XII - by Bob Schroeck - 11-27-2018, 08:28 AM