Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
RE: [OOC][Info]Nothing Better Than This Wiki
Safebooru's back, and I've done some more looking. Three more images for the wiki. I was going to go with more official art... until I saw these fan works.

'tis a pity keylin-lin- hasn't done more pieces.

And I'm not uploading this one.

EDIT: One more for the wiki
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Quote:(Hey, Bob, do you think she'd ever dress that way in Girls Girls Girls?)
Why not? I was going to have her dress that way by about 2/3 of the way through DW6... (Among other styles. I have a directory full of official artwork for Evangelion with Rei in all kinds of outfits that I planned on having her wear.)
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Since Bob's given his blessing to being an NPC apartment manager and has expressed an interest in K-On!, I set myself a task: put together a complete set of images of the major characters from K-On! using only art by Ikari Manatsu (which, if it isn't official, certainly looks like it is).

Oh, boy, did I succeed! Not only did I find images of the major characters, the "also starring" characters, and more than a few of the supporting characters, I managed a secondary objective: No school uniforms.

Major characters:
"Also starring" characters:
Supporting characters (a.k.a. some of the other girls in class 3-2):
While these aren't going on the wiki, they're too good not to share:
EDIT: And one from a different artist that I am so tempted to use... but, no, different artist.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just fiddled with the template that loads a new-page skeleton when you create a Displacee page from the box on the Characters page.

Nothing major, just added a couple of notes and headers to the page-text area, so future pages should have some sort of consistency. There are now sections on the page for the character description, a list (or description) of the character's canon abilities, and a list (or description) of the non-canon power-ups that the character gets.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just made a bit of a change to the primary Story pages. I had the "previous page" and "next page" links both at the top of the pages, which meant that anybody reading the story in chronological order had to scroll to the top of each page to go on to the next one. The "next page" links are now at the bottom of the pages.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Awesome. That makes it a lot more user friendly. Thanks again, Rob, and Happy New Year.
The character pages for the displacees - but not the managers - at Westwoods, Blossom, and Gulfside now all have images. Aria House is shy by three (Fujitaka, Touya, and Kero-chan). I haven't been looking for 33-Stars images, since Dartz mentioned wanting to commission fanart of them.

Mount-Royal is still missing plenty of images... as would Boston, New Jersey, Windsor, and Chicago if I had created pages for the characters at any of those complexes.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I haven't heard anything from my friend in a while, and DA shows that she hasn't even read the notes I sent her. Fortunately, I have her on my friends list on Discord, so I'll nudge her there.
Thanks. I do need an idea of how much she wants for the job... and I just made a big purchase, too.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Okay, she finally did get back to me. Here's what she said:

Quote:Guh sorry again, this holiday season had me more preoccupied than intended. I'm working on getting some of my work load cleared out and then I'd be able to. do you know the size you wanted, or is something like 500x500 px alright or something smaller or bigger?

if we're talking just 500x500, simple ink, color and shade like that art you referenced, probably 30$ each. But if you want a -sketch- as in portrait pencil sketches I could probably do something for 15$ each

So, whatcha say?
Sounds good to me. I'll see about getting some photos today - how do I get them to you?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Email is fine. You got my address, right?

Also, which did you want? Color? Ink? Sketch? Size? Style? Shaded or not shaded?
(01-02-2019, 10:20 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Email is fine.  You got my address, right?

Also, which did you want?  Color?  Ink?  Sketch?  Size?  Style?  Shaded or not shaded?

Bump.
(01-06-2019, 05:20 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 10:20 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Email is fine.  You got my address, right?

Also, which did you want?  Color?  Ink?  Sketch?  Size?  Style?  Shaded or not shaded?

Bump.

Sorry about that - it took me a bit to figure out how to get the photo to you without Google seeing it and adding it to their database. (As far as I know, they don't have a photo of me yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.)

As I mentioned in the email: colour sketch, in a style that won't look out-of-place beside the ones on the wiki of Teletha Testarossa, Sayaka Miki, or Hyoga Kazakiri. (Mind you, I'm only sending you a head-and-torso photo of me, so I'm not expecting a full-body sketch.) 200 pixels square is plenty big enough. EDIT: But if that's smaller than her usual smallest size, bump it up to her usual smallest size.

I didn't mention "shaded"... but, yes - shaded, please.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(01-06-2019, 06:34 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 05:20 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote:

Bump.

Sorry about that - it took me a bit to figure out how to get the photo to you without Google seeing it and adding it to their database. (As far as I know, they don't have a photo of me yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.)

As I mentioned in the email: colour sketch, in a style that won't look out-of-place beside the ones on the wiki of Teletha Testarossa, Sayaka Miki, or Hyoga Kazakiri. (Mind you, I'm only sending you a head-and-torso photo of me, so I'm not expecting a full-body sketch.) 200 pixels square is plenty big enough. EDIT: But if that's smaller than her usual smallest size, bump it up to her usual smallest size.

I didn't mention "shaded"... but, yes - shaded, please.

Okay, my credit card's paid off, and I have a paycheck coming - which means I can pay bills. Has your friend looked at the photo yet?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
She should have by now - I bounced it her way (along with the images you indicated for reference) the morning after. I'll check in and see if she wants to accept payment now or later.

EDIT: Later this morning she says we can set up the payment.

EDITx2: Rob, do you have a Discord account?
No Discord account, sorry. I do have PayPal.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Alright then, lemme check with her and if she’s willing to do PP, I’ll email you the particulars
In case people haven't noticed this page yet. I know Brent's seen it; he's added to it.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Never let it be said that I don't ever contribute anything to the wiki. :V
I made a Template:Draft to add a background to sections that we think are a little more incomplete.  Not sure if it's useful or not, but thought I'd try it.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
I'm adding subcategories to the Characters.

So far, I've come up with these:
  • Alien
  • Celestial
  • Cyber Intelligence (because "AI" is probably too short)
  • Esper (which, at least for now, includes Whispered)
  • Familiar
  • Magical Girl
  • Mage
  • Nonhuman

Anybody want anything else?

As I post this, "Esper" is in. The rest should be in over this weekend. EDIT: More categories are up - not Alien, Magical Girl, and Mage, but all the others on the list above.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
* Labster is so tempted to come up with a reason to tag my SI as Magical Girl

EDIT: really, /me does something on this forum?
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
<blinks> Apparently it does. Color me surprised.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
* Black Aeronaut blinks and says, "Huh. Well how about that?"

More seriously, Rob: What do you think of replacing 'Cyber Intelligence' with 'Infomorph' instead?