Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY Volume 6
RE: RWBY Volume 6
Vol 6, Ep 11
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-11

EDIT:
found a parody video someone made of the promo trailers for RoosterTeeth's Genlock
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-12

The "SDC" is featured in the end credits design sketches, so you can get a really good view that it is definitely SDC on Adam's face.

Also does anyone know wtf is up with this Genlock, is it like Matlock with mecha?

And if you have a mecha, you should expect kaiju to appear.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Gen:Lock is the new series that premiered today with the first two episodes, and it is freaking awesome. Highly recommended.

As for the season final of RWBY, it was also out today, and it's great, with some truly beautiful shots. I think Volume 6 has been the best Volume of RWBY yet. We had backstory on the creation of the world, all our main girls and boys being awesome, wonderful character moments and comedy, quite a bit of heartbreak (Watching Qrow this volume was hard, and I actually felt sorry for Mercury. MERCURY), beautiful action scenes, and Adam Taurus is fucking dead. He died, our girls put an end to him, and Bumblebee was confirmed so hard Blakes VA went out and got a Bee tattoo! I've been waiting six years for that abusive fuck to be dealt with once and for all, and it was even better than I dared hope.

I'm very happy with RWBY.
https://roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-6-13

For everyone else. And we're done for the season. I agree that Bumblebee is looking pretty promising, but I still need the yuri goggles to see it.

And we get a good look at Atlas, just in time for the Battle Angel Alita movie.
wow.

(02-03-2019, 12:25 AM)Norgarth Wrote: Part of me wonders if Adam is still alive

Fucker has nothing left to contribute to the story, or anyones specific plotline. Blake and Yang stabbed him clean through vital organs, despite giving him so many chances to act like a functional person and leave, and his neck snapped when he bounced off the rock. Hell, look at the animation of the fall. He'd already gone limp and dead. No, he's dead and gone, though sadly the girls are going to be facing the aftereffects of his evil for volumes to come, especially in regards to Blakes self-image, and their relationship as it develops. (On a side note, this might be one of the best slow burn relationships I've seen in fiction in a LONG time.)
I vote dead too, though the way he disappeared made me mad at CRWBY, teasing as if they were going to bring him back. I would have much preferred seeing Adam's entrails spilling out to having his body disappear into the water to set a heartwarming scene. Goodbye Earl.
Don't worry. The writers have confirmed he's dead. The VAs have confirmed he's dead. Adam's VA has confirmed he's dead. The abusive child grooming monster is dead. And the moment he was gone, we all stopped caring about him in the slightest, paying attention to Blake, who was clearly suffering from the act, the emotions, and the many issues her abuser left her with. Thank God Yang was there.
If it helps, I was playing "Caffeine" at rather unhealthy volumes whilst entering a roundabout at an unsafe speed last night - and whilst leaving said roundabout in a cloud of tire smoke and gravel.

RWBY is good for you. Bad for tires.
RWBY: After The Fall, a Young Abult novel covering the adventures of Team CFVY before and after the Fall of Beacon, is now out. I recommend it to anyone that likes RWBY. There's so much worldbuilding and great characterization in it. Just be warned, like the show, it doesn't bother pulling its punches.
I recently rewatched the World of Remnant vids from Volume 2.

To my surprise, they were narated by Salem's voice actress (I'd been thinking it was Ozpin's but that was volume 3)
Of course back then, we hadn't met Salem yet, and that knowledge adds an ominous tone to her wording of those WoR segments (Like at the end of the Kingdoms segment for example)
You know Norgarth, you must be really lucky, or unlucky, in your timing.

Vol 6 Soundtrack was released yesterday at least on Amazon.
*shrug* I'd lent a friend my DVD of RWBY Vol 2 so I was thinking about that season. Looked up the WoR's on Youtube on impulse. A bit of a surprise since, as I said, I'd been thinking they were narrated by Ozpin.
Any news on the release of season 6 to DVD/blu-ray?
Wolf wins every fight but the one where he dies, fangs locked around the throat of his opponent. 
Currently writing BROBd

Every time someone posts to one of these threads I keep hoping a RWBY Chibi came out, and almost every time I am disappointed.

EDIT:  I felt like rewatching from the beginning.  Excluding the trailers, Salem is the very first voice you hear in the series, credited as the Mysterious Narrator.  And then Ozpin's voice comes in, almost in counterpoint to hers.  Darkness and light are there in the beginning, in conversation with each other, telling their own history from different points of view.  Incredible.  And dammit, Monty never got to see his vision through.

EDIT 2: Episode 1:3:
Ruby: What's your book about?
Blake: It's about a man with two souls, fighting for control of his body.
Seriously? That didn't even feel like foreshadowing! I just thought Blake liked weird books.
(07-03-2019, 12:28 AM)Labster Wrote: EDIT:  I felt like rewatching from the beginning.  Excluding the trailers, Salem is the very first voice you hear in the series, credited as the Mysterious Narrator.  And then Ozpin's voice comes in, almost in counterpoint to hers.  Darkness and light are there in the beginning, in conversation with each other, telling their own history from different points of view.  Incredible.  And dammit, Monty never got to see his vision through.
the 'conversation' at the start of ep 1 between Salem and Ozpin, seems to lead directly into the narration and reveal of Salem at the very end of Season 3
(07-02-2019, 10:43 PM)Rajvik Wrote: Any news on the release of season 6 to DVD/blu-ray?

My copy is supposed to arrive by 9 PM tonight, according to Amazon.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(07-03-2019, 12:28 AM)Labster Wrote: Ruby: What's your book about?
Blake: It's about a man with two souls, fighting for control of his body.
Seriously?  That didn't even feel like foreshadowing!  I just thought Blake liked weird books.

Especially since the briefly visible text of the book came from Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde -- neat bit of distraction there.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
... Oh. Ohhhh.