Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrabble is okay with ok
Scrabble is okay with ok
Could spell trouble? Scrabble rule change allows use of 'OK'

First "qi" becomes a word in the Scrabble Dictionary, then Donald Trump gets elected, and now this.  Seriously, it's the end of civilization guys. 

You might think that it's okay to invent words willy-nilly.  You might think that it's okay to play whatever you feel like, even if it's a Russian word.  You might even think it's okay to spell okay "O"-"K" in Scrabble.  But I don’t think it's okay. I think it’s immoral, I think it’s unethical, I think it’s unpatriotic, and yes, I think it's cheating the game.
--∇×v⃑
RE: Scrabble is okay with ok
Ok.

What?
It's the thin edge of the wedge. What will be next - spelling "colour" without a "u"?
--
Rob Kelk

"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of the same sovereign, servants of the same law."
- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

"Dont let anyone think for you; most people can barely think for themselves."
-
Rare Earth, "The Giants You Can't See from the Ground"
Blame 1800s American newspapers for that one.
(05-02-2019, 06:15 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: Ok.

What?

I'm being hyperbolic.  And paraphrasing Adam Schiff of the U.S. Congress.

It's kind of a big deal, in terms of Scrabble, making the K much less crappy.  Probably not as big of a change as "qi" did for Q, but two letter words are critical to strategy in Scrabble, because the best non-bingo plays are almost always in parallel to an existing word, not perpendicular.

Scrabble pretends to be a word game, but it's actually an area control game with like 30000 rules for placement.  Adding a new simple rule is bound to change gameplay a lot.
--∇×v⃑