Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be 23: Hail Discordant Ideas!
RE: Crossovers That Should Not Be 23: Hail Discordant Ideas!
Meh. If nobody wants to write the crossover, then it qualifies.

Speaking of...
Groundhog Day of the Dead
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
IMNSHO, Princess Principal was one of the top three anime of the 2010's. Most likely the single best, flat-out.
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
(02-03-2020, 09:17 AM)robkelk Wrote: Meh. If nobody wants to write the crossover, then it qualifies.

Speaking of...
Groundhog Day of the Dead

Groundhog Days of Our Lives

The Groundhog Day After
Quick update from my smartalecphone - in line to see Groundhog Independence Day right now. It's a double feature midnight matinee with that musical about the giant robot pilots on a tropical island, South Pacific Rim.
--
‎noli esse culus
^ points at CD. WE HAVE A WEINER!!! (Sorry CD. Straight line, and all that jazz?)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
(02-03-2020, 10:19 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Quick update from my smartalecphone - in line to see Groundhog Independence Day right now. It's a double feature midnight matinee with that musical about the giant robot pilots on a tropical island, South Pacific Rim.
Does the latter include Scenes of "Sexually" frustrated Maintenance Techs Singing about their Romantic Fantasies for/with the pilots? (because Godannar would fit right in).
(02-03-2020, 10:19 PM)classicdrogn Wrote: Groundhog Independence Day

Isn't that what Edge of Tomorrow basically is? Tongue
The Man Behind the Man Your Man Could Smell Like
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
1950. Korea. Facing a shortage of qualified personnel, the United States Army assembles and deploys an unusual team to provide medical support at the front: Victor Frankenstein and his creature -- surgeon and assistant. Count Dracula -- blood technician. Imhotep -- bandages and other supplies. Lawrence "Wolf Man" Talbot -- nursing. The Gill-man -- corpsman.

Together, they are...

Monster M*A*S*H
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
From the "off by one letter on the keyboard" file:

Moebius, the Living Vampire
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Elric of Melnibone and the Dread Gazebo
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Moe-bius, the living vampire.

Because damnit Japan, you've got a zombie idol group and the gothic lolita character tends to be a cute vampire, so what are you waiting for.
On All The Tropes, Bob Schroeck Wrote:Dunno about today, but back when I was in college, "Fred" was the metasyntactic variable for a random person or name -- similar to Alice and Bob. "When in doubt, Fred" would frequently come up when a name was needed in various contexts. I swear, half the NPC character sheets I created for my college D&D campaign started with names like "Fred Cleric" or "Fred MU" just so I didn't spend the first 10 minutes of character generation trying to think up a name.

That, combined with my re-watching a particular couple of Looney Tunes cartoons last week, sent my mind down a very odd alley...

"I will hug them and pet them and call them Fred and George."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
A double feature
Mulan Rouge - plenty of combat dance sequences?
and
Martian Successor Aggretsuko - I have no idea
-Now available with copious trivia!
Martian Successor Aggretsuko

The system's angriest Ship's Yeoman.
SEZ
BZG
"You've never had kreplach until you've had it made according to the original Klingon recipe."
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
There is genius in that sentence.
-- Bob

Here at the Folgers Crystals Lab, we are switching Ciaphas Cain Hero of the Imperium, with Bill the Galactic Hero. Lets see who survives longer.

"Kronk, Pull the Lever!"

"Not That Lever!!!...."
We've secretly replaced the cast of Comic Party Revolution with the cast of Slayers Revolution, and vice-versa. Let's see who doesn't notice. (Besides Gourry and Subaru, that is.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Take Princess Tutu, and replace Drosselmeyer with Naoko Takeuchi. What do you get? An epic final confrontation with Corvid-19.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Charlie and the Cheesecake Factory

(If that makes no sense to you, explanatory gloss: at least in my part of the US, there is a chain of high-end casual restaurants called "The Cheesecake Factory".)
-- Bob

(03-16-2020, 07:13 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Charlie and the Cheesecake Factory

(If that makes no sense to you, explanatory gloss:  at least in my part of the US, there is a chain of high-end casual restaurants called "The Cheesecake Factory".)
the food there is pretty good, and naturally, they have a large selection of cheesecakes for dessert. Smile
Indeed it is, and they do.
-- Bob

I suppose the other kind of Cheesecake Factory would make it Not Safe For Work. but it would still be a fun read.
Charlie Weasley and the Cheesecake Factory

Either type of Cheesecake Factory.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown