Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Attack of the Martian Death Flu
RE: The Attack of the Martian Death Flu
(08-17-2019, 10:29 AM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: I know it's stupid, but I feel like I have to make up for this somehow.  Anxiety and Asperger's Syndrome working together like twin engines of emotional turmoil.

But I know that there's nothing really that I can do at this point.  Except maybe for some empty gesture that would make no difference in the end.

Aaron loved writing fanfic - his writing was even mentioned in his obituary. That's one reason why I've been so busy writing lately: because he would have wanted me to.

If you want to do something for him, tell him a story... and share it with everybody else.

(08-17-2019, 12:52 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: We can start a thread here of "here's where my stuff is" posts, and I can pin it to the top of the board with the other important threads.

(EDIT:  A suggestion for those of us starting to get up there in years or who for other reasons are concerned that something might happen to them -- give someone access to or copies of your works in progress, with instructions to put them up on the Net for all who want them.  I asked Rob last year to do this for me, and started with zip files of the various DW steps and other stuff I have in progress.  And a couple months ago I gave him direct access to the svn repository where I store my stuff in the cloud.  If I should suddenly ring down the curtain and join the choir invisibule, Rob will see to it that everyone has as much closure on my work as is possible at that time.)

Which might end up being "here's the archive", but I would much rather approach some writers to turn the notes into stories.

Aaron was going to be one of those writers.

(08-17-2019, 12:52 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: On another topic, I just realized that no one had told the FFML of Epsilon's passing, so I posted a message about it to the list a few minutes ago.

Thank you, Bob. I was reminded about rec.arts.anime.misc, but I completely forgot about the FFML.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
The Attack of the Martian Death Flu - by Epsilon - 07-10-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: The Attack of the Martian Death Flu - by robkelk - 08-17-2019, 01:10 PM