Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[open]A little question on company law.
RE: [open]A little question on company law.
to: Lists.Jet.Stingray; jet.jaguar@friggarock.fen
Subject: RE: A little question on company law.

Attachments: USLawyer.txt, FenRUnitFinancialProcessing.PDF

I think most of your problem with the US of A is probably going to be with regards to corporate taxes; I'll admit I'm probably a bit biased against them, they bounced me (and the company) around more than a little bit on that particular score before the treaty was finally signed. You're definitely going to want to get all the finances that you can mark in any way as legitimate accounted for (specifically as to where it was all earned and spent) before you go knocking on their door, although if it helps, the US tax lawyer I wound up using to help deal with our stuff at the time is still working in the field (we still actually use him), and is very Fen friendly.

Geo knows of a couple of financial processing consortiums that are capable of helping with the under-the-table stuff in terms of sorting it all out and giving it the air of legitimacy. Hopefully it won't require any actual laundering, so to speak, that's a little outside our field of knowledge.

Buying it off yourself might be an option, but it could raise red flags in terms of "where did she get into that kind of money", especially given the Frigga situation as it stands. I could see concerns with the insurance company wondering if an accident was some sort of scam, or worse, that there was an accident situation that could have actually been avoided but wasn't because money was allocated somewhere other than safety.

Compared to all that, the "who is legally who here" is a pretty minor concern. So many of us wound up having to deal with "multiple aliases" with various countries even after the treaty that there are procedures in place to deal with that, so even if they attempt to stonewall on who Sylia really is, they eventually do have to relent if you can show there's one person behind that identity, although it is going to depend a lot on what the identity was used for other than, "I wanted to do some corporate stuff without pulling my law enforcement activities into a potential spotlight".

I can relate to the "you just own for a living now" accusation. It's actually been cropping up more and more since we retired Starbug 1 from active service; I no longer really do personal courier runs even as favors, I've just no longer got the time to do it, and people are starting to forget that I forged my company with heaping helpings of my own blood and sweat.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: [open]A little question on company law. - by LynnInDenver - 08-25-2019, 07:44 PM