Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I suppose I'm just easily amused, but...
I suppose I'm just easily amused, but...
...Over the past couple months at work I've been working my way through a playlist selected from my multi-thousand-song MP3 collection, selected for "power songs" for Doug and other "inspirational" music for DW.  And today, I just happened to notice that alphabetizing by artist caused this little theme group to fall together, entirely by chance:

.png   playlist.PNG (Size: 7.43 KB / Downloads: 155)

It made me laugh, and I wanted to share the laugh.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

RE: I suppose I'm just easily amused, but...
One of my favorite things that sometimes happens is when you have your music library set to shuffle, and out of the blue it tosses you absolutely EVIL one-two combos, like Madonna's "Hung Up" followed immediately afterwards by Gwen Stefani's "What You Waiting For" - very dangerous to hear while driving, if you know what I mean. Wink
Yasuri Nanami is my number one waifu, if only because she would horribly murder all the others if they didn't shut up and toe the line.

"They did not care about all the other attempts wizards had made on the Lone Power through history; as far as a computer is concerned, there is no program that cannot be debugged, or at worst, rewritten."
-Diane Duane, High Wizardry

"If our friendship depends on things like space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Another interesting is the names steppen, steve and steve
Well, that's the alphabetization in play...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

what goes around comes around
hell to pay
'cause I'm evil

The titles are a fun trio, while the actual music is an intense mood and genre whiplash. I think it fits the thread, no?
--
‎noli esse culus
Heh. I suppose it does.
-- Bob

Same playlist, about a hundred entries later...

.png   playlist2.PNG (Size: 4.66 KB / Downloads: 101)
-- Bob

Do I want to know why the future is so bright right after the crack of doom?
Well it would be hard not to look brighter at that point, wouldn't it?
--
‎noli esse culus
I really ought to go back to the start of the playlist and look for things I missed the first time through.
-- Bob

A fair point drogn, but nuclear bombs, volcanoes and many vehicles also tend to shed a fair amount of light.
But Doom wears solid metal armor, and a cape as well. There's definitely no light shining back there, no matter whats going on outside. You could even say it's proverbial.
--
‎noli esse culus
I've wrapped around to the beginning again, and run into another:

.png   playlist3.PNG (Size: 6.7 KB / Downloads: 39)
-- Bob

There was a compilation album, I think one of the "Now" series that had the sequential songs:

I want your love.
I don't want your love.
Love don't mean that much to me.