Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV
(12-15-2019, 09:10 AM)LynnInDenver Wrote: ...then wouldn't they really need a bank account if they're already incorporated? Seems like someone over there may have put the cart before the horse in terms of what they were doing; if one doesn't have a bank account by the time of incorporation, then they should have literally been opening the bank account as one of the first steps right after incorporation.

I can fully understand the whole "we had a timeline already set up", but it seems incredibly inflexible to demand holding to it, and that the demand was in relation to a "I can't be in the liability position anymore" request, which from the outside can look like "please keep holding this liability bag for right now until it blows over".

Labster, something that does come up in this is that there might have been a need to incorporate some sort of incorporated entity much earlier, if only to have put some legal remove on yourself in regards to the EU legal threat regarding disputed content on one of the wikis. It might still have required removal as the easiest solution (which is why SLAPP is a thing, it counts on concessions being much easier and cheaper than fighting it), but it would probably have removed the jail threat.

Please note that there is now a bank account, and that the request that Labster made to trasnfer the assets was only a week after registering the company even though banks in the United Kingdom require 2 weeks as a registration period. My knowledge is that a bank account was requested the day that the company was incorporated, so I think there is another misinformation here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XV - by Reception123 - 12-15-2019, 11:44 AM