Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More oddities spotted in the news
RE: More oddities spotted in the news
Swedish cartoon character Munchkin

Otherwise, just the usual 'walk in the woods with a pre-teen' sort

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Typo leaves entrepreneur with 10,000 political-message t-shirts
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Anybody have any ideas what to do with 158 bowling balls that aren't round enough to bowl with?

Because this guy found that many of them under his house.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
'Dead parrot' sketch invoked as B.C. judge OKs glucosamine sulfate class action

B.C. Supreme Court Justice Ward Branch Wrote:Health Canada cannot establish a protocol that requires that a parrot only still have its feathers in order to be sold as a live parrot, and thereby prevent anyone from suing after being sold a parrot who 'joined the bleedin' choir invisible.'
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Austria declares war on Serbia

You sort of get the feeling they were itching for it since last month's assassination. This is probably going to turn into some sort of quick Puppy-kicking. Or will Russia actually try to help - or just capitulate again? They're probably still thinking about the bloody nose they got from Japan.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

(06-18-2021, 03:56 PM)robkelk Wrote: Don't hold back - tell us what you really think...

Anime News Network: Crunchyroll Originals Have Been A Disaster

Pffft.

Old news but just like the Cooler meme that I do love so much...  "Oh, is that right?  Well, I sure hope somebody picks up that phone.  BECAUSE I FUCKING CALLED IT!!!"

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/9/215476...hing-anime

Yeah.  I know.  December 2020.  But even so, this is the first I'm hearing about it.  But I fucking called it the moment I heard they were chumming up with Funi.  And I fucking called it on CR turning into a fucking dumpster fire once it happens.
ITANIC SINKS.

At last

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSEAnMZgeGE

So, Twitter had a "find the bug" contest. Now it has to fix the bugs that were found... but, for some reason, I doubt that these were the types of bugs that they were expecting.

Twitter's AI image-crop algo is biased towards people who look younger, skinnier, and whiter, bounty challenge at DEF CON reveals
Oh, it's also more likely to leave people in wheelchairs out of the picture

EDIT: And when it comes to cropping to show text, the AI has a bias toward English.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Just because it gives you wings doesn't mean you have to use them...

Italian stuntman flies aeroplane through two motorway tunnels
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Decrease in Leinster burglaries attributed by gardaí to deaths of three criminals in N7 crash.

General consensus among the Irish twitteraity is people are getting the sense that Truck-Kun did what Judge-kun should've done a long time ago. Or more accurately, they did it to themselves by driving the wrong way down the road at high speed.

Thanks, Truck-kun!

‘Star Wars’ sequel trilogy ‘sucks,’ original film editor says

Quote:[ About ] Episodes VII through IX, flat out saying: “It sucks. The storylines are terrible. Just terrible. Awful.”
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
Meteorite crash-lands in woman’s bed in Canada

This is like, what, only the second time someone's had a meteorite hit their house? At least unlike the last time it didn't actually hit her.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
Computer scientists at University of Edinburgh contemplate courses without 'Alice' and 'Bob'

In an effort to promote diversity... so maybe they might switch to Aerith and Bob?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Information wants to be free, and it's making its escape

tl;dr: Physics exists.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Wiarton Willie

Survived by co-workers Punxsutawney Phil, Balzac Billy, Shubenacadie Sam, and others.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Why Quebec is unlocking its strategic reserve of maple syrup
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Umm... yeah, suddenly the Evil Genius 2 mission where I swipe PATRIOT's Maple syrup supply makes a LOT more sense?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Explosive Diarrhoea?

Or things not to do with a 57mm shell.

Man breaking his back on 'commute' from bed to home-office desk deemed a workplace accident

Because it was his first commute of the day. If he had detoured to the kitchen to get breakfast, the court would have ruled the other way.

(If this holds in Canada, then I'll have to check the vaccination status of anybody who comes into my home workplace, as per federal regulations...)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
What if he commuted from the kitchen to the office?
Wait 'til Biggus Dickus hears about this!

As if North Korea still needed to prove it’s the worst country in the world.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
People have something to laugh about in North Korea? Whodathunkit?
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
It was 69 years ago this month that the nuclear plant in Chalk River did not completely melt down, thanks in part to a US Navy lieutenant who would later become President.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Court finds city council was biased when they imposed a fine, then re-imposes the exact same fine.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown