Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COVID-19 & US healthcare system
RE: COVID-19 & US healthcare system
Apparently Trump has come up with a new scapegoat for his own mistakes, now he's blaming the WHO
https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...ing-to-who
Of course he is. God he's a piece of shit.
Live updates: WHO pushes back at Trump, says countries shouldn’t politicize coronavirus if they don’t want ‘more body bags

The mishappen sons of bitches want to stop contributing to the WHO to cover their own mistakes in handling the epidemic.

Seriously, the whole GOP needs to die.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
Ye fucking gods.  I despise the human species ... not just my fellow USAians anymore.

Behold, humanity at its (sarcasm mode) best:
Quote:It’s hard enough being a doctor in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. But Sanjibani Panigrahi, a psychiatrist at a government hospital in western India, now finds her own neighbors turning against her.
“We are sure you have corona,” one woman recently shrieked at her, she says, — part of a torrent of abuse from residents at her apartment complex. “We will not allow you in the building.”
In some cities, health-care workers are earning standing ovations for the long, life-risking hours they’re putting in to battle the coronavirus. But in others, they’re facing discrimination and even attacks.
In Mexico, Colombia, India, the Philippines, Australia and other countries, people terrified by the highly infectious virus are lashing out at medical professionals — kicking them off buses, evicting them from apartments, even dousing them with water mixed with chlorine.

-----
I'm a very forgiving person ... on Lord Vader's terms.  "Apology accepted, Captain."
Reminds me of that stupid Simpson's episode with the comet. Once the danger has passed, they go to burn the observatory under the belief that that will prevent it from happening again. It's enough to turn one misanthropic.
“We can never undo what we have done. We can never go back in time. We write history with our decisions and our actions. But we also write history with our responses to those actions. We can leave the pain and the damage in our wake, unattended, or we can do the work of acknowledging and fixing, to whatever extent possible, the harm that we have caused.”

— On Repentance and Repair: Making Amends in an Unapologetic World by Danya Ruttenberg
This is basically the modern United States

Highlight is one sailor yelling 'What the Fuck?', and another shouting 'He was only trying to help us'. Unfortunately, whomever posted this has the volume on the speaker up and the comments down.

"They put the world at risk to protect themselves and to protect their reputations. We don't do that in the Navy......"

While doing it in the Navy.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
well, the guy did realize on the flight back that he fucked up and offered his resignation which was accepted. No idea who is gonna replace him but he had screwed the pooch pretty thoroughly with that stunt.
"offered his resignation" == run out on a rail. An undersecretary of the army is now the Acting Acting Navy Secretary.

Oh, and the U.S. national stockpile of medical gear is now empty.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
The federal government will end funding for coronavirus testing sites on Friday. While some sites will transition to being state-managed, others will close as a result. This as criticism continues that not enough testing is available.
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus...peak-nears

Well, you can't have confirmed cases if there's no way to confirm cases...
It's one way to cast doubt on media reporting regarding the pandemic's numbers.

Of course, I'm not so certain the media won't exploit this lack of information to their own benefit, and basic analysis of the number of reported deaths in a given year would still indicate a massive spike in 2020, most of which can and will be blamed on the COVID-19 outbreak as a direct or indirect result as people grow even more afraid of going to the hospital and either die of the disease or from other issues that could've been successfully attended to but weren't as either no staff was available or no help was requested.
And that will be buried under the screams of conspiracy addicted idiots claiming fake news in another attempt to deny their golden calf is a crazy racist con man...

Still, at least on the Australia front, the economic stimulus package to ensure companies can cover wages for the next few months was passed.
Speaking of disinformation and conspiracy theories...
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
The latest conspiracy theory I heard was someone linking COVID-19 with 5G towers which led to some people actually torching 5G cell towers.

*Looks for news item on browser history*

Ah, here it is: https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus...o-covid-19

Meanwhile, the Dutch are fucking an entire continent to seem hard for a local election.

Well, actually, just two of 'em.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Well, there's a reason I don't like the guy. Although I will admit I didn't he would be this stupid.

I can get his point, but frankly if 'shove money at them and see it disappear into a black hole' is a thing he's actually worried about (or needs to seem worried about) one possible solution is to, you know, not shove money at Italy, Spain and Portugal, but medical supplies instead and deploying a few medical staff along with them to get an impression of how much of that is wasted/disappeared.
*Looks at New York*

So, does this count as Trump shooting people in 5th avenue and getting away with it?
(04-09-2020, 08:14 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: *Looks at New York*

So, does this count as Trump shooting people in 5th avenue and getting away with it?

If by "getting away with it" you mean "getting the infinitely reprogrammable meatsacks of the Republican Party Death Cult's debased base to blame the liberals", then yes.
(04-09-2020, 09:49 PM)Mamorien Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 08:14 PM)Matrix Dragon Wrote: *Looks at New York*

If by "getting away with it" you mean "getting the infinitely reprogrammable meatsacks of the Republican Party Death Cult's debased base to blame the liberals", then yes.

Pretty much that, yes.
(03-22-2020, 06:22 PM)Rajvik Wrote: ii love how he takes that "not responsible" line out of context, real non-bias here

"My own conviction is that every leader should have enough humility to accept, publicly, the responsibility for the mistakes of the subordinates he has himself selected and, likewise, to give them credit, publicly, for their triumphs."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower, "What Is Leadership?", June 1965

(In case you've forgotten, Eisenhower was both President for the majority of the 1950s and a member of the GOP.)

The fact that a sitting President could say he wasn't taking responsibility - in any context - shows that said sitting President is not a true leader.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
At last! The antipresident's continual distortion and outright lying is explained by this headline: ‘Speak the truth’: Obama says ‘biggest mistake’ mayors can make in coronavirus pandemic is to misinform the public

Obama said it, so naturally he must do exactly the opposite at all times.
--
‎noli esse culus
White House accuses Voice of America of spreading Chinese propaganda

This is the network funded by the government to spread American propaganda, if you recall.

robkelk Wrote:(In case you've forgotten, Eisenhower was both President for the majority of the 1950s and a member of the GOP.)
There's no way a leftist like Gen. Eisenhower could be elected by the modern Republican Party.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto
(04-10-2020, 08:34 PM)Labster Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:(In case you've forgotten, Eisenhower was both President for the majority of the 1950s and a member of the GOP.)
There's no way a leftist like Gen. Eisenhower could be elected by the modern Republican Party.

But the 1950s is the GOP's Golden Age! And Eisenhower was in charge for almost all of it! He can't be leftist... unless the entire GOP is leftist.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(04-11-2020, 08:42 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 08:34 PM)Labster Wrote:

But the 1950s is the GOP's Golden Age! And Eisenhower was in charge for almost all of it! He can't be leftist... unless the entire GOP is leftist.

You're leaving the Southern Strategy out of the narrative.  When Ike was elected POTUS, the entire GOP was, by today's standards, leftist, and the Democratic Party was home to racist reactionaries.  Wikipedia puts it fairly well:

Quote:In American politics, the Southern strategy was a Republican Party electoral strategy to increase political support among white voters in the South by appealing to racism against African Americans. As the civil rights movement and dismantling of Jim Crow laws in the 1950s and 1960s visibly deepened existing racial tensions in much of the Southern United States, Republican politicians such as presidential candidate Richard Nixon and Senator Barry Goldwater developed strategies that successfully contributed to the political realignment of many white, conservative voters in the South who had traditionally supported the Democratic Party rather than the Republican Party. It also helped to push the Republican Party much more to the right.

The "Southern Strategy" refers primarily to "top down" narratives of the political realignment of the South which suggest that Republican leaders consciously appealed to many white Southerners' racial grievances in order to gain their support....

-----
Big Brother is watching you ... and damn, you are so bloody BORING.
For those interested, here’s a thread by history professor Kevin M. Kruse about the Great Switch:
https://twitter.com/kevinmkruse/status/1...89921?s=21

However, it must be remembered that it’s activism outside the parties which helped create the groundwork for Social Security, Civil Rights, etc.

Meanwhile, Fauci says Trump administration may have Americans carry documents to prove they are immune or not infected with the coronavirus: https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...-americans

Coronavirus concerns lead to custody battle for south FL doctor: https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/coro...r/2218466/

An emergency task force looks at reopening Alabama’s economy. The plan will be presented to Gov. Kay Ivey by April 17: https://www.al.com/news/2020/04/emergenc...il-17.html

Republicans are so used to handing out religious exemptions for every law of general applicability (Title VII, ACA, taxes, etc) that they will, out of habit, loudly demand an exemption so that a plague can be spread among Christians on Easter Sunday.: https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04...e-14-days/