Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII
Posted this to Phabricator to fix the LQT Archive 1 page bugs

https://phabricator.miraheze.org/T6336

Given they are spread out over several talk namespaces and fundamentally broken for our needs, I asked for assistance in mass flushing them.

Edit: Most of this I can do myself. Many of these pages can be deleted, but some are "phantom" pages that need "created" so they can be deleted due to the database corruption leaving ghost records. I asked all the old LiquidThread tables be dumped from the ATT Miraheze database since they are unused corrupt relics and may cause us hassles if we need to restore from an XML dump in the future.

Edit 2: Discovered we have a lot of leftover Complete Monster Talk pages that I'm killing per policy and to avoid further hassles with the LQT Archive pages, I'm removing all references to them where I can find them because anything connected with it has database errors out the wazoo.

On a different topic, I'd like to make a proposal. The Reviews namespace is nice, but it's gone so criminally underused I'd like to vote we retire it and shutter that idea. It was a nice idea, but it's little more than glorified talk pages and part of the reason I discovered all of our database issues was because most of our reviews have LQT counterparts that were the tipoff we had a lot of database crap we needed to fix via the above. Another reason is that fixing those pages if they break will cause similar hassles and putting Flow style talk pages in a main-style page format could lead to some ugly issues if they get corrupted in the future, since those glorified talk pages have talk pages of their own and if the data get farbled, fixing that could be confusing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XVII - by GethN7 - 10-21-2020, 04:15 PM