Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So it seems there wasn't a Politics Images thread before either
RE: So it seems there wasn't a Politics Images thread before either
No problem, Norgarth.  Thing is, I already had this argument over on r/nottheonion on the same damn thing.  People were jumping down my throat for pointing out that the woman was on methamphetamine (thus making the whole article a lot less onion-y sounding) like as if she had a justifiable reason for it.  Which is not very likely in this case.  (Not that I think it makes the situation any better, just that they're attacking the wrong people.)

Another one I'd like to pick on is the one about Childcare.

I don't like it when people act like as if the child care industry is some sort of cash grab just because there's some bad apples in the bunch.

The fact of the matter is: You think raising a child is expensive?  What makes you think foisting your kids off to someone else part-time is gonna be any less expensive?

But, you don't have to take my word for it.  Here's an article by an insurance company that breaks down the costs.  It's mainly targeted at people who want to get into the industry, so there's not much bullshitting going on here.

https://www.nextinsurance.com/blog/how-m...n-daycare/

Contrast to this CSNBC article about the average cost (to parents) of child care in the USA.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/19/what-par...-2021.html

$8,335 yearly is about $695 monthly.

A care center, according to the insurance company's article, will spend on average about $525/month/child.

So, that's about $170/child/month of profit.  Which means our theoretical care center, which cares for six children in accordance to the first article, is making a hair over $1,000/month.

Keep in mind, this is NOT what the owner of the operation makes, especially if it's not an incorporated operation.  The owner's paycheck is part of the payroll and is thus already being deducted.  This is the money that the care center must bank on going forward.  Remember that "Profit" does not really mean money in the pockets of the owner.  That's only for incorporated businesses who need to pay dividends to share holders out of their profits.

And take it from someone who's been there.  Fucked up shit happens all the goddamned time.  And more often than not, in today's world?  The only thing that is going to bail you out without your situation degrading even further is having more money than you know what to do with.  Because once you factor in the cost of the things you need to fix whatever went wrong combined with the time you have to take off from your paying job in order to make it happen?  Shit gets expensive, god-awfully fast.

$1000 per month... That's barely cutting it, and only if there are no "incidents" that hurt your business.  Especially if you're trying to grow your business.

Messages In This Thread
Trump's Note to Biden revealed: - by Bob Schroeck - 01-24-2021, 06:31 PM
RE: So it seems there wasn't a Politics Images thread before either - by Black Aeronaut - 10-21-2021, 12:11 AM