Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(10-02-2020, 05:42 PM)robkelk Wrote: I've seen too many episodes of Yes Minister. In politics, "fatigued" means anything but fatigued.

I'm thinking there's a sliding scale for how this is playing out. But I agree that it could mean more than just tired because he's gotten a mild case.

Official story: Going to Walter Reed is purely a precaution in case there's a quick deterioration, but his symptoms remain mild. This is at one end of the scale. Mind, this is probably going to remain the official story, like saying a football player that took a fatal hit and died on the field, "died on the way to the hospital", even if it's on the opposite end of the scale.

Second step on the scale: Still somewhat precautionary move, but indications that he's becoming more than mildly symptomatic that would have prompted it. Could just be shortness of breath here, since that's a common added symptom.

Third step on the scale: Rapid deterioration that mandated actually being hospitalized in a hurry. My understanding is that COVID-19 kind of has something of a variable timeline, depending on factors like how much of a viral load you got, when you got it versus when you start showing the symptoms that you got it, and whether or not your immune system has decided it's not doing enough and kicks into overdrive and does all the collateral damage to you in the effort to kick COVID out.

Fourth step: Looks like the third step, only without the pulse on the other end, either from the immune overreaction or pneumonia.
"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by LynnInDenver - 10-02-2020, 06:19 PM