Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
I think we're building to the series finale here.  Lots of loose threads are getting wrapped up:

Remember how Kellyanne Conway who works for Trump, and her husband George Conway who founded an anti-Trump PAC, had a teenaged daughter that was trying to emancipate herself?  And remember how Trump has been trying to ban TikTok because the K-pop stans ruined their Tulsa campaign rally?  And remember how Ben Carson died after the outbreak of coronavirus at the rally?  Well, among all of the people getting sick is Kellyanne Conway, whose daughter chose TikTok as the platform to announce to the world that her mom has Covid.

And then there's the campaign staff.  While Paul Manfort went to jail back in season one, the 2020 campaign managers have been having a hard time.  The ex-manager, earlier this week, was arrested as a Florida Man for threatening to kill himself, and was put on a 72 hour psychiatric hold.  And the current campaign manager has a case of Covid.  He's planning to work through it.  Honestly not sure which one I'd rather be.

Remember how earlier this week there was a "debate"?  And all of the people on the Trump side of the audience didn't wear masks?  Well, a lot of them are now infected.  So far there are no known infections on the side of the room wearing masks.  But the party chair has Covid, as well as a couple senators.  And remember how everyone panned the debate and wanted the candidates to stop trying to debate?  Well, with the President getting sick, we will thankfully hear no more from them.  It's kind of hard to consider how awful an event the debate was.  It was panned by virtually everyone -- except the Proud Boys, who think they're taking orders from the President now and are using it as a recruiting tool.  But other than the white supremacists, everyone else hated it.  People stopped watching because of the lack of decorum, myself included.  And now, people are going to get sick and potentially die because of it.  I didn't even think it was possible to fail at a debate this badly, but here we are.

Here we are, 31 days out from the election, and elected officials are being quarantined off the campaign trail.  It's October, and it's going to be a whole month of October surprises.  Remember how Trump never released his taxes?  Earlier this week the New York Times got them.  Yes, this week.  Also, the President's niece sued him for fraud.  It's all coming together.  You're not going to want to miss the surprising finale!
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by Labster - 10-03-2020, 03:38 AM