Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(10-02-2020, 09:55 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: Like others have said, I don't particularly wish that the man dies.

Though I would say that there is a certain poetic justice if he does.

That said, it would be bad if he does die from COVID.  Because I can just see all the Good Ol' Boys out there, screaming and foaming at the mouth that this was all a plot by the Democrats to remove an obstacle, Putin style.

And the inverse, I feel, would be true as well - that if this is just a mild case, he's going to laugh it all off and proclaim that no one should be worried about the virus.

And many will drink from that particular punch bowl of kool-aid, being all "Let us eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die."  (And what's worse is that the context of the original verse fits, too.  I checked.)

I for one am of the opinion this was no conspiracy, Trump got COVID because, despite all his precautions, his job forces him to take risks that will get him put in danger of infection, and that happened. Anyone who thinks this was a conspiracy is an idiot.

As for him laughing this off, I doubt that will happen. If anything, since he and Melania got it, I'm optimistic this may be a sobering experience for him since even he was afflicted, and it may even humble him a bit concerning his own mortality. Can't say for sure, but hope springs eternal.

And I believe it may be overly pessimistic to think people who like Trump to some degree (raises hand) are going to laugh off COVID no matter what. I've considered this plague to be deadly serious since day one, and I would be very disappointed if this experience does not leave Trump a little more grateful for his life assuming he passes through this trial of disease alive. Assuming he tries to laugh it off in any way, I will be the first to voice my disgust if he takes this lightly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by GethN7 - 10-03-2020, 04:30 AM