Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(11-06-2020, 12:53 PM)Jinx999 Wrote: And Pennsylvania has also gone over to Biden.

As far as I can tell, unless California was to go Republican, there is now no one single state where a change in the result would affect the overall race. Possibly no two.

There's going to be recounts in the closer states and a bunch of lawyers making some big bucks, but it looks like the election is settled.
It also looks like Trump has cast himself as the last hero, trying to hold back the bolshevek hordes from overwhelming civilisation.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTru...9996397575

I'm all for making sure all the votes are honest at least. I want no question about who won legitimately. I'd feel that way even if the roles were reversed.

I do have to say even I find the above by Trump a bit......hyperbolic. If Biden cheated, he'll get discovered as Tilden got caught. If Biden won honestly, then Donald should concede gracefully. He could still try to come back after four years if he wants. As for it being the end of days, I refuse to believe it'll be that bad even if Biden wins, and I wanted Trump to win.

Besides, both Trump and Biden are mortal men. If Augustus Ceasar could not cure the gout of men who prayed to him, electing someone I didn't want to be US president will not spell the doom of the country. If that was the case, then Alexander Hamilton never should have conceded to Thomas Jefferson as our third president.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by GethN7 - 11-06-2020, 01:19 PM