Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(11-07-2020, 09:12 PM)Black Aeronaut Wrote: I've pretty much told my brothers the same thing - until the electoral vote is in, we shouldn't be counting our chickens until they've hatched.

That said, I think we could all do with a little less vitriol here.  There's been enough upsetting things going on lately, and I'm sure that even Geth agrees that a lot of this was brought on by the GOP going all Ride or Die on Trump.

I have to disagree on a few things, I thought the economy was getting better until COVID crashed the party, and if Trump was a bigot then why does even most of the news agree he got an absurdly high minority vote? For a man accused unironically of being Hitler, he's bent over backward to be nice to Israel and has Jewish relatives.

That aside, I more liked his economic policies than the man himself. Trump is an egomaniacal douche even on a good day, I'll be the first to admit it, and if Biden can keep the economy going and get the US to chill the racial tensions of late, I'll be happy to support him, I just was doubtful he could and am still waiting to see if he can pull it off.

As for any Republicans who are claiming the US will fall because of Trump's removal, that sort of hyperbole has been around since George Washington left office. Both Adams Sr and Jefferson were cursed as planning to destroy the country, Jackson was accused of wanting to be king. Lincoln had the Civil War happen because of titantic butthurt he won, FDR was accused of being a proto-Commie, every Cold War president engaged in some form of "a victory for the other guy means the commies win" crap, and Obama was accused of being willing to institute bizarro-world apartheid on white people by those unwilling to accept a black man in the White House.

If all the above are wrong, the US will be just fine if Biden has, in fact, won. And I will be the first to tell everyone else still whining to calm down and get over it when we know for sure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by GethN7 - 11-07-2020, 09:23 PM