Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(11-07-2020, 10:14 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 09:23 PM)GethN7 Wrote: ... and if Trump was a bigot then why does even most of the news agree he got an absurdly high minority vote? ...

Because there is an absurdly high minority who are bigoted, both in your country and in mine. (How many Asians were harangued or attacked after the coronavirus made its way to North America? How many blacks go to jail for crimes that others get fined for committing? How many aboriginal people have gone missing with nobody caring? How many non-Christians routinely get attacked for their religious beliefs? And how many of any of those groups have high political office anywhere in North America? These questions are rhetorical.)

I don't doubt that is true in some places, but I must respectfully register doubt it's as omnipresent as you imply, at least my own look into that seems to not support that, but I'll be happy to admit error if I'm wrong.

That said, my point was that if Trump made a point to crush minorities, then the fact a LOT of them voted for his re-election means they are either too stupid to know what's best for them (and please tell me no one here is going to unironically argue such unabashed racism), or they honestly did not agree he was working against their best interests.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by GethN7 - 11-07-2020, 10:19 PM