Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(11-07-2020, 10:19 PM)GethN7 Wrote: That said, my point was that if Trump made a point to crush minorities, then the fact a LOT of them voted for his re-election means they are either too stupid to know what's best for them (and please tell me no one here is going to unironically argue such unabashed racism), or they honestly did not agree he was working against their best interests.

That would be unsurprising.  I mean, after all, you voted against your own interests in this election, and minorities aren't different than us.  Here, let me give you a source from conservative-leaning news: The Hill: Trump payroll plan would deplete Social Security by 2023: Administrator.  But more to the point on your own interests:

Stephen Goss, Social Services Administration Chief Actuary Wrote:If this hypothetical legislation were enacted, with no alternative source of revenue to replace the elimination of payroll taxes on earned income paid on January 1, 2021 and thereafter, we estimate that [Disability Insurance] DI Trust Fund asset reserves would become permanently depleted in about the middle of calendar year 2021, with no ability to pay DI benefits thereafter.

So under Trump's campaign promise to end they payroll tax, SSDI would end about seven months from now, permanently.  Social Security is an enormous program that couldn't be funded another way, unless the government enacted a different large tax or cut like five departments from the budget entirely provided one of them was the defense department.

[Image: 2019_Federal_Budget_Infographic.png]
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by Labster - 11-08-2020, 03:50 PM