Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC
(11-08-2020, 06:27 PM)robkelk Wrote: Everybody benefits from Social Security / Social Insurance.

The fewer people who are starving to death because they can't afford even one meal a day, the fewer people need hospitalization for starvation, and the more room there is in hospitals for everybody else - such as people with a coronavirus.

That's unfortunately a fairly advanced understanding of the functioning of social security systems. One that, to my knowledge, US educational efforts do not cover.

(11-08-2020, 06:38 PM)GethN7 Wrote: I align with no position save "who do I believe would serve my interests and that of the country as a whole better".

I thought Obama was the better choice back in 2008, FYI.

I disagreed with how ACA was implemented, but I did like the idea.

Then I find your support of Trump puzzling. A man like him serves his own interests, and will not serve the interests of his office, or his country, or his supporters.

Trying to deal with him is like trying to deal with a kaiju fight. None of the punch slingers in that battle are on your side, you are at a distinct risk of being stepped upon, and at most you have a preferred victor because he'll leave before wrecking more of the battlefield.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 US election - It Came from Washington DC - by hazard - 11-08-2020, 07:25 PM