Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teasers from Drunkard's Walk 5: Holy, Holy, Holy... Cow!
Re: norse myth
Tom Holt is extremely funny - Expecting Someone Taller is one of my favorites by him. And if you're interested in Sleipnir, you can find it online at the Baen Free library in a number of formats: www.baen.com/library/
Re: norse myth
Oh, cool. Thanks for the link.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Theme Song
"Heaven Is A Place on Earth" by Belinda Carlye seemss good to me.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Hild's Vengeance
I' ve been parsing through the teasers and I know Hild is not going to be happy with the chain of events. She can't strike at the Norms directly. I don't think she'll strike at K-1 and company either.She's shown in the manga from Dark Horse as liking K-1. Ditto for the rest of the motorheads. So who does she vent on?

"In the game between gods and demons, all is fair save the taking of life"
It's a close quote from the manga. She can't turn Doug into an agent of hell without his consent. So she'll probably make Doug's life into a living hell...by cursing him to never make it back to his own home world.
I can really see Doug going postal at this point and taking on Hild by himself. Because what does he have to lose at this point?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
I like Hild.
I really like Hild in the manga when she shows up, so deliciously psycho-evil, she even act pseudo-nice, making you almost forget she's the ruller of hell, and then sending a reminder like attempting to turn someone into a frog. She's cool. I like her characterization a little less in later volumes though.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Re: I Like Hild
Like tuning Welsper into a female cat?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
A lot of that kind of background is really going to be up to Chris. His world already diverges from the standard OMG setting in one or two key ways; I don't know what thought he's given to material like this from later in the manga.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Please see the new topic I did.--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
I did, and I've no problems at all.

-- Bob
---------
There's no wrong way to eat a Rhesus.
Re: Norse myth
Quote:
(Although I do have a fun fragment of an idea for a fic where the OMG takes place after the events of a book called Sleipnir by Linda Evans (good book, I recommend it) and Belldandy and her sisters have been reincarnated/reformated by being born as the daughters of the central character and a valkyrie - Urd's parentage may be a little more esoterc, I never really developed the idea).
I've read Sleipnir on line and must say - that would make a certain amount of sense. Especially in that the central character of the book was well on his way towards replanning/upgrading the entire system in Asgard/Valhalla at the end of the book.
Say that the events in Sleipnir occur, say - about 20-30 years ago, and that would set things up just about right in terms of the various character's ages and so on. IIRC, the protaganist of Sleipnir starts off the story in West Germany before the Cold War ended. That could be anywhere between about 1965 and 1990. Therefore, that idea works.
Perhaps somewhere along the line he apotheosizes and actually becomes the Almighty in fact as well as title?
In any case, that kind of set-up would certainly explain Bell, Urd and Skuld and their current incarnations/ages, along with many of the other characters. It would explain the whole modernization of Asgard, Valhalla, and Yggdrasil. It would even go a long way towards explaining some of the quirky non-canon elements of the Oh My Goddess world as opposed to the myths.
And it would explain the Almighty's quirky sense of humor and indulgent persona, that's for certain. ^_^
I like that idea a whole lot!!-Logan
-----------------
"So there I was, lying flat on my back, with my face pressed into the dirt, thinking, "Wait a minute, something's not rig..."
-----------------
Hurm--two irrelevent comments
So I wonder if Demon Detective Loki will show up in this fic as well? (Loki reincarnated as a kid paranormal detective.)
Also: I know it's technically O! MB, but wouldn't it be funny if the cast of Chris Angel's fic were heaven's Office of Managment and Budget, having to set God's annual governmental budget?
Chris: It's no use, we're going to have to cut the Black Hole budget for 2000 to 2009.
Urd: It's all those new planets God wants to bring into the solar system. I keep on telling him that they're supposed to be Keppler objects, but he never listens.

-murmur
Re: Norse myth
> I like that idea a whole lot!!
I mostly never got anywhere because I don't actually have a plot - just the concept. If anyone wants a look, or to have a go at it, let me know and I'll send copies out of what little I actually wrote (you'd better email me tho', this is getting off topic)
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.