Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Politics Video Madness II: The Revenge
RE: Politics Video Madness II: The Revenge
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Republican voting records...

The Lincoln Project - This Woman Votes

Liberal Redneck - The GOP hates vets/Everyone

Marjorie Taylor Greene for Christian Nationalism

TYT - Greg Abbott caught in Texas-sized lie about what he was doing the day of the Uvalde shooting
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Republicans claiming victory in Kansas...

Randy Rainbow - Thoughts and prayers
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Finland, Sweden, NATO, and the future...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about the FBI searching Trump's home...
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about a weird story out of Michigan...

Texas Paul reacts to civil war calls by Republicans after Trump raid

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Republicans calling for an FBI hearing...
China is in serious financial trouble

link
--
‎noli esse culus
.... How much of this is a consequence of the knock on effects of Russia invading Ukraine?

I doubt it's much of one. Russia may've been hit by sanctions, but China isn't obviously circumventing them. I've a feeling this is more a result of the realigning economy following covid.
From what I understand, COVID work delays were what lit the fuse, but the actual bomb was a combination of criminal banking practices (even for China) and snowballing debt based on real estate speculation that makes the sub-prime lending and Bernie Madoff's shitshow that led to the 2008 recession in the US look like grade school kids playing Monopoly. The Russia/Ukraine situation is just an exacerbating factor to add to the !FUN! that's been brewing for at least a decade.
--
‎noli esse culus
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about 5 stories from Trump's very bad 48hrs...

MeidasTouch Media - Breaking: Trump invokes the fifth amendment in New York AG deposition
Beau of the Fifth Column:  Let's talk about Trump and TS/SCI documents....

-----
I'm a very forgiving person ... on Lord Vader's terms.  "Apology accepted, Captain."
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about 3 of your Trump search questions...

Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on stage in New York
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's Talk about the ultimate American test...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's Talk about Trump declassifying the docs...
(08-14-2022, 12:22 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's Talk about the ultimate American test...

I got six right out of 10. My excuse for my score on an American history test being so low is that I'm Canadian.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
(08-13-2022, 01:17 PM)Norgarth Wrote: Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on stage in New York

Salman Rushdie off ventilator, condition improving after attack on stage, agent says.

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about military recruitment problems...
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Trump's claim about his passports...

Mrs Betty Bowers, America's Best Christian - "Religious Freedom" is Neither

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Graham and the Trump case in Georgia...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Rudy in Georgia...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about how Trump can't catch a break...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Republican judges disagreeing with Trump...

Randy Rainbow - Lock him up yesterday!

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Republican money troubles...
So what is going on at the Maralago anyway? What laws might Trump actually have broken? What're the consequences of those? And why "I declassified it all because I'm the President" might not be the legal defense some thinks it is.

One of the most interesting things about these videos is how clear an intelligible they are. The law (Where I am anyway), is like an arcane profession filled with wizards and apprentices and wigs and rituals. It feels like a closed shop, elevated above the petty concerns of mere mortals and their lives where money gets eaten, and judgement falls from on high like - well - white liquid from a seagull.

(I got to visit the King's Inn's once for a party and..... well, that's an interesting old building, with paintings of judiciary from centuries past on the walls. They look exactly like modern judges)

Instead now we have someone talking clearly about the law - and more importantly in other videos - what they enjoy about being a lawyer and why it might be genuinely interesting to go into a legal profession. It's like rolling back the curtain a little, and then presenting what goes on behind the curtain in really clear and relatable terms.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
Lauren Boebert gets the humiliation of a lifetime on National TV - Brian Tyler Cohen

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Dems, Trump, and the boy who cried wolf...
On America's (in)justice system, as illustrated by recent events:

link
--
‎noli esse culus
The Lincoln Project - Fire the Feds

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Tucker, secrets, and methods...

CNN - video shows violent arrest by law enforcement in Arkansas

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Trump begging McConnell for help...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about talking points that are destroying families...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Trump's memoir defense...
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about the newly-released NARA letter to Trump...

Lincoln Project - Last Week in the Republican Party (Aug 23, 2022)

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about a cop, a guilty plea, and Breonna Taylor...

Something I noticed in these Beau videos, that he wrote 'Mine' and 'not secret' on the cardboard box behind him.   Big Grin
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Trump, Special Masters, and a new subpoena...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Republicans becoming Democrats in Colorado...
MeidiasTouch - Breaking: President Biden STUNS with historic student loans forgiveness...

Liberal Redneck - Student Loan forgiveness
Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Biden's student debt relief policy...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about Biden's CHIPs executive order...

Beau of the Fifth Column - Let's talk about a surprising internet development...

Beau's going to need a mop and bucket to clean up all that dripping sarcasm  Big Grin