Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Fun] The Douglass Gardens Sessions
RE: [OOC] The Douglass Gardens Sessions
(09-22-2021, 11:45 AM)robkelk Wrote: So, what sort of Record Producer is Nao?

She hasn't been with them long enough to be a  "George Martin". She gets along with Wakaba Girls too well to be an Acrimony Producer, and the girls get along well enough that they don't need a Man in the Middle. She's sufficiently sane that she isn't a Producer From Hell. She doesn't play or sing, so she isn't a DIY Producer or Artist as Producer.

She could be an Invisible Producer - she does have wallflower tendencies.

Nao definitely knows Wakaba Girls well enough to be a Helping Hand Producer, considering her songwriting skills.

There isn't enough information to tell whether she's a One-Trick Pony.

Any ideas?

In going directly to the link upon seeing it there, I came away from the page with the idea that she would be a hybrid of Invisible and Helping Hand.  What little material is known points to her as being very adept at the technical side of recording, as well as being creative.  I can see her taking raw tracks by any of the bands or singers at Douglass and very quietly, very competently giving them that something extra that takes them from good recordings to great songs.

She might start out as a One-Trick Pony, simply because of how limited her experience is, but I suspect with a) all the different performers she'll start working with at Douglass and b) all the music she can reach through the Internet, plus c) the magic of the Metacontinuity, she'll grow out of and beyond any "one-trick" nature she might start with.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....

Messages In This Thread
[Fun] The Douglass Gardens Sessions - by robkelk - 09-08-2021, 02:04 PM
RE: [OOC] The Douglass Gardens Sessions - by Bob Schroeck - 09-22-2021, 01:48 PM