Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cursed Thread of 2022
RE: Cursed Thread of 2022
(07-26-2022, 12:31 PM)Pyeknu Wrote: Tony Dow from Leave It to Beaver has passed on:  Tony Dow, ‘Leave It To Beaver’ Star, Dead At 77 | ETCanada.com

Okay, this is sadly rather early.  Yes, he's in long care, but reports of his demise are exaggerated:  Tony Dow Alive: Wife And Management Team Announced Death In Error – Deadline

Edit 1743 hrs EDT 27 July 2022:  Okay, it has sadly been confirmed:  Tony Dow dead: 'Leave It to Beaver' actor was 77 - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
With sad regret, hailing frequencies are now closed:  Uhura.com – Official Site of Nichelle Nichols
Canadian lighthouse to U.S. Warship approaching it:  "This is a lighthouse.  Your call!"
I hate to say it, but thank you for beating me to this one.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children
Vin Scully, longtime broadcaster of the Dodgers and major league baseball. November 29, 1927 - August 2, 2022 
https://youtu.be/HlsE3nlEZEA
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
Roger E. Mosley from Magnum PI has passed on:  Roger E. Mosley, ‘Magnum, P.I.’ Star, Dies at 83 (thewrap.com)
The "Magic" has gone away....

And I just learned that Judith Durham of The Seekers died the other day, too.  It seems a bad week for Australian woman singers ... and those of us who loved listening to them.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
RIP Issey Miyake, fashion designer who amongst other things came up with Steve Jobs' iconic look.

(He was also a survivor of Hiroshima, but he always downplayed that part of his life.)
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RIP Gord Lewis, guitarist of the early punk band Teenage Head. His son has been charged with murder.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Raymond Briggs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-38652946

Merry Bloomin' Christmas.
RIP Lamont Dozier, songwriter and producer

The songs he wrote or co-wrote include "Where Did Our Love Go", "Baby Love", "Come See About Me", "Stop! In The Name of Love", "You Can't Hurry Love" (all of which were hits for The Supremes), "How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You)" (which Marvin Gaye made a hit), "I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)", "Reach Out I'll Be There" (hits for The Four Tops), "Two Hearts" (a hit for Phil Collins), and many, many more.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
This hasn't been confirmed by other sources yet, but...

Anne Heche dies a week after car crash, friend says
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(08-12-2022, 01:45 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: This hasn't been confirmed by other sources yet, but...

BBC: Legally Dead, on life support for organ donation
----
Web Home
This reminds me a little too much of 2016...
(08-13-2022, 03:55 AM)aku Wrote:
(08-12-2022, 01:45 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: This hasn't been confirmed by other sources yet, but...

BBC: Legally Dead, on life support for organ donation

And now it's official.

(08-15-2022, 05:06 PM)Pyeknu Wrote: This reminds me a little too much of 2016...

We were averaging one a day in 2016. This year isn't that bad yet...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The neverending story has come to an end.

RIP Wolfgang Petersen, director of The Neverending Story, Das Boot, Air Force One, and many more films.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Mikhail Gorbachev, final leader of the Soviet Union
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
The Queen is dead. Long live the king!

RIP Elizabeth II
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
One meeting with Liz Truss was all it took for her to go 'Fuck this. Chuck, you're up.'

She's abdicated,. with Extreme Prejudice.

I love the smell of rotaries in the morning. You know one time, I got to work early, before the rush hour. I walked through the empty carpark, I didn't see one bloody Prius or Golf. And that smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole carpark, smelled like.... ....speed.

One day they're going to ban them.
RIP Jean-Luc Godard
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Rommy Hunt Revson, inventor of the Scrunchie
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Hilary Mantel, historical-fiction writer who won the Booker Prize twice
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
RIP Leath Sheales, "long-time writer, developer, and friend of Onyx Path". He worked, as you can see here, on Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition (the only line in which I don't have any of his work at all), several Chronicles of Darkness games, and multiple points in the Trinity Continuum. If you were on the OPP discord, he was Quantakinetic (an Æon reference). I didn't know that until I got the news, just as I barely realized how much of his work I'd already enjoyed. This death may not diminish me as much as it does his colleagues, but I'm feeling a little smaller now.
RIP Louise Fletcher, best-known to two different generations for playing Nurse Ratched in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Kai Winn in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

RIP Pharoah Sanders, influential jazz saxophonist.

(non-embedded)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Rapper Coolio of Gansta's Paradise fame found dead at age 59: https://www.today.com/popculture/music/r...-rcna49915
"Some people are the apple of your eye. Others are just a pie in your face. Apples, maaan. Stick with them." -- Pascal (Animal Crossing: New Horizons)
RIP Sacheen Littlefeather
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown