Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3d-art resources and talk
RE: [OOC][Art-planning] 3d-art resources and talk
(09-19-2022, 07:57 AM)robkelk Wrote: Anybody know of a character who wears one sidetail? It doesn't look like I can mirror the sidetail, so I can't use it for Kuroko's twintails. (Of course, I can always put it on an original character's head.)

D'oh! Hyoga has one sidetail.

EDIT: No "d'oh" - the side tail is on the wrong side for Hyoga, and I don't know whether I can mirror-flip the hairdo and still be able to use it.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
RE: 3d-art resources and talk
Quote:Also on sale was a short-bob hime cut hairdo, which I'm sure I can use for somebody.

It's not quite Nabiki Tendo, but it might do in a pinch.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
They keep doing "buy exactly eight of these items for $2.99 total" sales this month... Today's list had three items that I've wanted for a while. One of the five items that I chose to bring the order up to eight was Shaded Haven Gazebo Cafe, which looks to be a bit too robust to be a temporary gazebo for the Halloween party, but would fit right in with the Obligatory Beach Episode.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-15-2022, 03:50 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
Quote:Also on sale was a short-bob hime cut hairdo, which I'm sure I can use for somebody.

It's not quite Nabiki Tendo, but it might do in a pinch.

It's a girl's prerogative to change her hairstyle. Smile
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Didn't buy this one yet: Endellion HD For Genesis 8 Female. I'm getting a distinct "Barbara Bain in the 1970s" vibe from the character, so she might be usable for Dr. Russell once Moonbase Alpha shows up. But that won't be for a while, which is why I didn't buy this one yet.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Quote:I'm getting a distinct "Barbara Bain in the 1970s" vibe from the character

Yeah, I can see that.
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
On sale until 2pm Mountain Time, and I have a use for it that's only hinted at in the wiki notes, so... MD Glider
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
(10-15-2022, 11:16 AM)robkelk Wrote: ...
I might use Genesis 9 for this project, but I started with Genesis 8 so I suspect I'll continue. (Much like with Fenspace, where I didn't upgrade the characters to the original Genesis when it was released. In both cases, there's a lot of support for the base human character that I started with, while the new figure doesn't have nearly as much in the way of support at launch.)

Looks like I have a reason to use Genesis 9; it's a single figure that morphs into either male or female. So, as soon as there's some "Chinese clothing" and suitable hairdos for him/her, I can build a proper Ranma.

This barn interior is on sale today only for $2.99 for club members. It has the advantage of not being as huge as the barn that I pointed out earlier., so it should fit in with the Old Dietmeier Place.

EDIT: This luxury railcar scene is on sale today, as well. Can't justify using it as-is for a story (no cooking or sanitary facilities on-board, no door to the next car in line or anywhere else outside - this is a movie sound stage, not a real-world car), but the furniture in the car looks like it'll fit in that small bedroom in the Blossom apartment scene.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
This outfit and scene is on sale for $4 today if I use a coupon. I seem to recall seeing that outfit in green on a particular Senshi once, and I recall the environment can be used for said Senshi and (if I put it indoors) a particular Cardcaptor. So it's now in my collection.

The coupon was good for four items from a short list, which I took advantage of to build a bundle at 80% off list price. This location might possibly serve in a pinch as a place to get an ice cream mix-in, and this structure can definitely serve as a place to get a hot chocolate while skating. I finished off the bundle with a classically-stylish winter outfit that leaves the legs uncovered - just the thing that Kuroko or Minako would buy in November and regret in January.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Hm. It looks like the "set" for the ice cream shop is pretty much immutable, and all you can change is the props. If it's not, let me know, and I'll get you photos of the inside of Thomas Sweet's in New Brunswick.

If the grease trucks had still been at the corner of Hamilton and College Ave in New Brunswick in 2016, the catering trailer would have been perfect for creating a shot there.

I can see Ruby or Weiss wearing a version of that winter outfit, and probably not regretting it.
-- Bob

Looks like we can at least raid the ice-cream shop for parts (the ice-cream tubs, the topping containers, and the slushie machine are shown as separate, at least), but the room itself appears to be of a piece.

Which simply means putting the parts we want into another room.

("Grease trucks", eh? In Ottawa, we call them "chip wagons" whether they sell french fries or not. And they're rarely all in one place.)
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
It was only the ones at Rutgers in that particular lot that got called the "grease trucks". I'm not sure how that came about, I only know that they were an established feature of the campus when I moved to New Brunswick in 1986, and had already been there for a good ten years or so by that time.

Amusingly, one of them -- "R.U. Hungry" -- became an actual restaurant in the building that replaced the lot circa 2013, and it decorates with what I think are parts of their last trailer and signs about the history of the trucks.

Anyway, if they had survived long enough they would have been a great location for the K-On! girls and the other college students from Douglass Gardens to visit, but oh well. (Oh, and I'm not sure anyone remembers, but I had Evangelia visit them in one of the last bits I wrote for the second try at our COH shared universe, "Virtue Is Its Own Reward".)
-- Bob

Good thing I thought to check for flash sales - I almost missed one that included something I had on my wishlist.

I know I can find a use for a white tie outfit - one step up from a tuxedo, so of course Sebastian will wear tails when visiting Tuxedo Mask. Smile

And I'm sure I can find a use for The Meeting Lodge (exterior and interior), even if I just put an altar on the stage and turn it into a small church.

(Putting those together and now I'm thinking of a wedding scene... with the Senshi in uniform, using their transformation pens instead of swords for the happy couple to walk beneath. Use Scully Boxes where necessary so the honour guards appear to be the same height, and don't make that obvious by putting Chibi Moon next to Tuxedo Mask. Smile )
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Can't imagine what race this guy is supposed to be. And the last promo image on the page is about as useful as the main product image is.

Meh. 80% off for club members. May as well prep for if/when the Metacontinuity leaves Earth.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
I think I can use this in Montreal...

FG Bakeshop
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
What, no bagels?

<grin>

Seriously, that looks ideal for a certain family...
-- Bob

In Montreal, places that sell bagels don't sell other baked goods. Go figure.

Yay! This 'do comes in pink!
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Well, yeah, we have dedicated bagel shops, too (lots of them -- I can think of at least three within a mile of where I'm sitting right now), but our regular bakeries do bagels also.
-- Bob

Quoting from the wiki page for The Old Dietmeier Place:

Quote:An array of cellular telephone antennas surmount one of the refurbished silos, in exchange for which use the residence not only gets lease payments, but top-tier internet, cable TV and telephone service.

Which would of course require some switching hardware be installed to support the antennas. Putting that inside the silo would not fill the silo... so there would be room at the silo's base for a private apartment.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Works for me, as long as we don't have a floor that looks like a recent flood...
-- Bob

I forgot I had this... until I had the opportunity to bring it up to 2020s standards.

Something stashed in a corner at the Old Dietmeier Place, Phantomhive Manor, or possibly both, perhaps?

Or maybe the Grand Imperial, and let Kohran and Beatrice work on putting a steam engine on it...
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Probably not the Old Dietmeier place -- they're more likely to have 1930s-vintage tractors and whatnot. Although with the size of the barn, I could be very wrong.

In that case, why not all three? <grin>
-- Bob

The holiday freebies have begun a little early this year. I think I can use this tiara... not for a canon Sailor Senshi, but maybe it might look good on the Baroness of Ameno Uzume.
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Ooh, an unadvertised special. And a coupon. I know what that means... (pulls enough stuff off the wishlist that's also in the unadvertised special to be able to use the coupon)

Once I finally get to the displacees in Vicksburg, I think this outfit might be good for Belphebe Shea, maybe...?

And maybe, if I re-do Garnett's image, this ensemble might look good on her, maybe...?
--
Rob Kelk

- unknown
Yes, and yes.
-- Bob